Using a GSL for a 100k short position ?

This is a discussion on Using a GSL for a 100k short position ? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; right - so i suppose in real terms the contrast isn't as stark as it appears. so it's like an ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 14, 2011, 3:05pm   #31
Joined Apr 2006
Re: Using a GSL for a 100k short position ?

right - so i suppose in real terms the contrast isn't as stark as it appears.

so it's like an overdraft facility on US leveraged stock accounts really. sounds fair - although 7.25% with rates where they are now is outrageous really.

thanks for the info peter.

i wonder if pboyles has any comment to make on these comparisons?
shortsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 3:09pm   #32
Joined Apr 2006

i've just realised i've been picking exclusively on pboyles when d toast is equally deserving of some ridicule. apologies to both.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 3:21pm   #33
Joined Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortsell View Post
i've just realised i've been picking exclusively on pboyles when d toast is equally deserving of some ridicule. apologies to both.
Both of them are well regarded on here even by those who have opposite opinions. Ridicule isn't necessary.

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 3:29pm   #34
Joined Apr 2006

obviously my use of the word 'ridicule' was tongue in cheek, but regardless it's extremely narrow minded (and completely wrong) of both of them to describe anyone who uses the spread betting product as lacking wit, or 'dumb'.

their failure to understand the product or its potential applications is their own shortcoming - not a failure of those who do.

Last edited by shortsell; Jan 14, 2011 at 3:42pm.