Sharia compliant trading platform

This is a discussion on Sharia compliant trading platform within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Mr. Charts Mother Theresa has become the epitome of goodness in the popular mind. She was far, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 5, 2010, 4:02pm   #141
Joined Jul 2003
Re: Sharia compliant trading platform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charts View Post
Mother Theresa has become the epitome of goodness in the popular mind.
She was far, far from that; not quite the opposite, but certainly not deserving of respect or adulation.
Behead Mr. Charts.
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: spreader_legger , HarryMinot
Old Dec 5, 2010, 4:10pm   #142

Joined Sep 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBramble View Post
Behead Mr. Charts.
No queue jumping please, though bear in mind this is a one off experience.

Contributor to T2W's Trading FAQ Book
http://www.trade2win.com/books/trading-faqs

T2W interview

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/a...ichard-joyson/
Mr. Charts is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2010, 4:45pm   #143
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003

Quote:
1) Do you think there are less murders in the world because of porentials murderers fearing the impact on their own afterlife ?
No I don't. In my experience few people adhere to religious principals for fear of the afterlife consequences. Most I know who do adhere do so out of a desire for the greater good and would do so naturally with or without religion.

Everyone thinks that it is all about control when in most cases people are just wanting to do the right thing. The origins of most religions started with high principals and ideals but as with all things that have human involvement they get degraded. The power hungry use the banner of religion to further their own aims but even when this happens it has been ineffective as a means of controlling people.

The evolution of society and the progression of law has been much more effective at controlling people than has religion in my view. The subtleties of progressive society for the control of people has become so effective that it has made religion pathetic by comparison for control of the masses. I find it interesting that because this is not even generally known shows just how effective it is.

But this is just my view and I accept that everyone has a different one.

Paul
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:08pm   #144

Joined Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader333 View Post
No I don't. In my experience few people adhere to religious principals for fear of the afterlife consequences. Most I know who do adhere do so out of a desire for the greater good and would do so naturally with or without religion.

Everyone thinks that it is all about control when in most cases people are just wanting to do the right thing. The origins of most religions started with high principals and ideals but as with all things that have human involvement they get degraded. The power hungry use the banner of religion to further their own aims but even when this happens it has been ineffective as a means of controlling people.

The evolution of society and the progression of law has been much more effective at controlling people than has religion in my view. The subtleties of progressive society for the control of people has become so effective that it has made religion pathetic by comparison for control of the masses. I find it interesting that because this is not even generally known shows just how effective it is.

Paul
How do you know that any religion started with high principals and ideals?

That's a huge leap of faith in my opinion.

Most people are religious for the simple reason their parents fed them their family religion from birth. No other reason.

I would say that if we didn't have 'fear of God', there would have been a lot more murders. If it was proved beyond belief that there was no judgement or afterlife, I am very sure that incidents of rape, robbery and murder would increase. This is not from the religious but from your average Joe who likes to hedge his bets.

Last edited by DionysusToast; Dec 5, 2010 at 5:14pm.
DionysusToast is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:18pm   #145

Joined Nov 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader333 View Post

Paul
Europe went through the struggle between Church and State in medieval Europe... Some countries still yet to go through this process. Also - depending on country state v church hold different degree of control. Whilst Iran may have a bias for religion in other secular countries - religion plays only a small part.

In the UK the magna carta was the first attempt around 1200s. Thomas Beckett was a point in case of church interference in running of state tormenting Henry II.

Even the Russians banning religion in 20th century failed. The orthodox church is still active and attempts to play its part. Mullahs have recently started using their religion for political ends. In the Knesset too religious parties have considerable seats and voting rights.

How much it is control and how much it is human instinct driven can be debated but the battle for control has raged on hand in hand and still does imo.

Religion still plays its part in passing laws and maintaining its control.

Learn to deal with it and remember what goes around comes around...
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:20pm   #146

Joined Dec 2009

All we really need is Soma
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:37pm   #147

Joined Feb 2007

Curious to know where Europe would be today in the absence of the Church.

Something tells me that the evolution following the collapse of the Roman Empire would have followed a very different trajectory. You have to remember you were dealing with rather basic tribes at the time such as the Picts, Vandals etc.

In fact, one could argue that the intellectual drive that took Europe out of the Dark Ages was very much led as a result of the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Europe went through the struggle between Church and State in medieval Europe... Some countries still yet to go through this process. Also - depending on country state v church hold different degree of control. Whilst Iran may have a bias for religion in other secular countries - religion plays only a small part.

In the UK the magna carta was the first attempt around 1200s. Thomas Beckett was a point in case of church interference in running of state tormenting Henry II.

Even the Russians banning religion in 20th century failed. The orthodox church is still active and attempts to play its part. Mullahs have recently started using their religion for political ends. In the Knesset too religious parties have considerable seats and voting rights.

How much it is control and how much it is human instinct driven can be debated but the battle for control has raged on hand in hand and still does imo.

Religion still plays its part in passing laws and maintaining its control.
spreader_legger is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: FX Bandit
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:43pm   #148

Joined Feb 2007

Incidentally, Islam at the time also fluorished under the Kaliphate. Obviously they were far more tolerant than the extremism that has evolved in Iran & many other parts of the world today. I guess that the challenge for Muslims today, would be to recover the enlightened state of their past
spreader_legger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:47pm   #149

Joined Nov 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreader_legger View Post
Curious to know where Europe would be today in the absence of the Church.

Something tells me that the evolution following the collapse of the Roman Empire would have followed a very different trajectory. You have to remember you were dealing with rather basic tribes at the time such as the Picts, Vandals etc.

In fact, one could argue that the intellectual drive that took Europe out of the Dark Ages was very much led as a result of the Church

imo Europe is ahead of the other continents precisely for that reason - Church control and authority was sidelined - allowing freedom of thought and progress to take place against much resistance.

Learn to deal with it and remember what goes around comes around...
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2010, 6:17pm   #150
Joined Jul 2003

For my own peace of mind and speaking for myself only, I should state that all my postings on this thread are purely for (my own) humour and do not reflect any particular bias toward or away from any religion. I believe all organised religions are equally capable of breeding hatred, division, war and misery – and not much else really.

I’d be as unhappy being indiscriminatorily blown up by Muslim fundamentalists as I would Christian fundamentalists or Hindu fundamentalists or Greek Church of the Holy Kebab fundamentalists.

Fundamentalists of any persuasion have less in common with their apparent faiths than they do with each other and the need for the darker side of the human psyche to find outlets and ‘justifications’ for its passions. My own limited experiences in Northern Ireland proved to me beyond any doubt that the vast majority of young men, and women, involved in acts of terrorism were not politically motivated nor were they based on any cultural or religious affiliations, but were purely in it for the kudos of being a member of the uber class of murderer-torturer-terrorist. It was the glory you see. It has, does and always will attract the disaffected and un/under-employed. Being un- or under-educated helps as does being significantly below average intelligence. Obviously there is a connection between all of these factors…

What amazes me, is how anyone with any intelligence can believe in any god, (all of which allegedly are peace, joy, love and tolerance personified) that, having created all that there is, couldn’t stump up the chump change necessary to ensure all his/her/its creations enjoyed all of that which he/she/it had created in that very same peace, joy, love and tolerance.

And before anyone comes up with the angle that he/she/it created the dark side of human nature to ‘test’ their faith in him/her/it, what sort of paranoid delusional entity capable of such insecurities and perversion would be worthy of anyone’s adoration, let alone belief?

No responses required, it was just a rhetorical question. We are all rather expert at constructing convincing rationale to justify our personal insanities.

Cognitive dissonance rules.
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: LiamH