Sharia compliant trading platform

This is a discussion on Sharia compliant trading platform within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by scose-no-doubt Well you know more than DT I'll give you that. He does indeed. Yet, the Mohammed ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:24am   #113
 
DionysusToast's Avatar
Joined Dec 2009
Re: Sharia compliant trading platform

Quote:
Originally Posted by scose-no-doubt View Post
Well you know more than DT I'll give you that.
He does indeed. Yet, the Mohammed & Aisha issue is still well open to debate. One of the things pointing to her not being 6 is the fact that her parents converted and so that age 6 was actually down as age since converted. There is a lot of back-peddling on the issue because many ancient books say rather inconvenient things such as

Quote:
"“Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed [alone] for two years or so. He married Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consummated that marriage when she was nine years old.”"
(Bukhari, Book of Qualities of the Ansar)

You can read a 'scholars' view on http://www.muslim.org/islam/aisha-age.htm - he says more likely they married when she was 9 and consumated at 14 or 15.

What is also interesting about that page is that it not only defends Mohammeds marriage to a minor and tries to whitewash it but then it also goes on to claim that various people described in the Bible were pedophiles.

This whole text can be summarised thus:
Lot's of ancient texts say she was 6 but that's not what they meant
Anyway - the Christians are pedophiles, so there.

If the author had managed to refrain from an attack on Christians, his point would have been better made. As it is, he rather tripped himself up.

I'd be quite happy to put both sides down as guilty. Life spans were a hell of a lot shorter in those days, we can still see plenty of evidence of child marriages in places like Ethiopia and other stone age muslim regions and we certainly see plenty of evidence of Catholic priests and young children.
__________________
Yes - this IS a protest!

Last edited by DionysusToast; Dec 4, 2010 at 1:31am.
DionysusToast is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:32am   #114
 
scose-no-doubt's Avatar
Joined Apr 2010
Re: Sharia compliant trading platform

__________________
"What the **** is going on here?!" - Mickey B

Looks like Scose be trollin' 'aaaaard tho... as far as some are concerned!
scose-no-doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2010, 1:37am   #115
 
DionysusToast's Avatar
Joined Dec 2009
Re: Sharia compliant trading platform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader333 View Post
If that is the case then it has failed to achieve this on a spectacular scale in all ages of human history.


Paul
You are kidding right ?

The simple act of a Jew not eating Pork or Prawns is an act of subservience to the religion.
Philippinos with their 12 child families is too.
You might want to take a trip to Africa, take a look at all the Catholics dying of HIV because papa says they shouldn't use condoms.

People 'live by the book' less and less now, but how can you say that people are not controlled by it? Of course they will tell you that they live their life according to their chosen religion because they choose to.
__________________
Yes - this IS a protest!
DionysusToast is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2010, 2:11am   #116
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Re: Sharia compliant trading platform

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahidkhan View Post
Hi, I ve been looking for a trading platform to trade in sharia compliant stocks.
I ve looked all over the web and the only one I ve found is called UMEX Trader. It offers approx 10,000 sharia compliant stocks, global market coverage including MTFs, real time price feeds, dividend purification, research, etc.
Before I sign up for it, I would like to do more research.

Can anyone else recommend any other similar platforms?

Shahidkhan,

Are you serious about the question you pose?

In my interpretation trading means speculating on the nature of an outcome. It means usery. It means earning money from someone elses hard work.

Investing ones money whilst sitting on ones **** is usery. No two ways about it. You can put what ever spin you want on it. What work are you going to do in determining what is ethical and what is not.

I almost did my dissertation on Islamic Banking and then changed because I realised what a daft nightmare it would be. Reason being - how can one person judge what the market rate of interest should - or the value of money based on one persons religious ethics be? Impossible...

For example - if your neighbours house burns down you going to help him rebuild it by being a good smaritan? No need - as we have insurance for that and one would assume building and contents insurance is purchased for a very miniscule sum?

Why pay 2.5% once a year when we pay dollups of taxation 50%+? Which is the greater good in your God's eyes?

Harmonious way of life and Islam is all around you.

All this stuff is simply - self indulgence for the non-thinking stuck up pious little muslim to caress their bloated ego of righteousness.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2010, 5:13am   #117
tar
 
tar's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Re: Sharia compliant trading platform

too long didnt read

u atheists are really pissed off from Islam arent u

I am a muslim and i know i am right but i hate to enter such useless silly arguments , most of u r full of hatred and dont know what the hell they r talking about so shut the f*** up and move on , u will change nothing , Islam is here , u will c the truth sooner or later after death its matter of time only . If u want the truth search for it .

Atilla what r u talking about , capitalism made the whole world in a complete mess and u r still talking economics !!
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2010, 9:09am   #118
 
DionysusToast's Avatar
Joined Dec 2009
Re: Sharia compliant trading platform

tar - no-one is spewing hatred here. Except for Scose.

Many of us just think Religion is nonsense. You say you know you are right & so do Catholics, Buddhists, Hindus, Jews, Mormons etc. etc.

Most are indoctrinated from, birth and therefore religion has been ingrained. Perhaps you have been a Muslim since birth. Had your parents been Mormons, you'd more than likely feel the same about that religion.

There is as much proof that Aliens exist as God exists.
__________________
Yes - this IS a protest!
DionysusToast is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:30am   #119
 
robster970's Avatar
Joined Dec 2008
Re: Sharia compliant trading platform

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
u atheists are really pissed off from Islam arent u

Atilla what r u talking about , capitalism made the whole world in a complete mess and u r still talking economics !!
No tar and it saddens me to hear that opinion too. Humans made the mess. They make a mess wherever they go.

On some level though you should question whether you have been indoctrinated to believe that and consider the collective repercussions of that indoctrination and how it eventually transfers from a benign and personal belief system to one that causes societal conflict.

For the avoidance of doubt I level that criticism at Christians and any other participants of organised religion too. All religious participants are culpable for this kind of aggression.
__________________
Confident about your performance? Perhaps you should consider the Dunning-Kruger effect
robster970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla
Old Dec 4, 2010, 12:12pm   #120
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Re: Sharia compliant trading platform

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post

u atheists are really pissed off from Islam arent u

Atilla what r u talking about , capitalism made the whole world in a complete mess and u r still talking economics !!

I'm an atheist and yes I am pissed off with finger waving muslims who use it for political aims to manipulate the simple minds of the masses who can't think their way out of a wet paper bag.

As for capitalism - yes you are right but it is more to do with risk control, good management and some pretty obvious regulation.

At least the capitalists have something to lose. What have the Islamic countries achieved in the last 100 years? Major competitive threat is from the Chinese and Indians.

What do you propose the ME countries will end up trading once oil runs out?
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
which trading platform is this? jonboy123 Trading Software 8 Apr 20, 2009 9:39am
Trading Platform riros General Trading Chat 1 Jan 13, 2009 2:56pm
NEW trading platform oliver_lee General Trading Chat 0 Feb 20, 2008 6:01pm
trading platform oliver_lee Trading Software 0 Feb 20, 2008 2:53pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)