300% return on capital !

This is a discussion on 300% return on capital ! within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Hi, I have just made a 350% return on my capital trading spreadbetting. This was done over a period of ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:34pm   #1
Joined Nov 2010
300% return on capital !

Hi,
I have just made a 350% return on my capital trading spreadbetting. This was done over a period of 45 days average about 1 trade a day. Over that period I had 4 losses.
That was really quite easy.I cannot and will not divulge my strategy.
The point I want to make is, it does not take years of losses to become a good trader.
The secret is to think for yourself when you create a strategy, and to accept it as a very high risk game. Trading is in your head only, its not the markets that will destroy you.
snorre101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:40pm   #2
Joined Jun 2009
Re: 300% return on capital !

very high risk? of course if you are betting with overleverage.. 350% mean nothing you could have a 10$ account grow to 35.

I love new member who make post like this.
Yoshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:50pm   #3

Joined Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorre101 View Post
Hi,
I have just made a 350% return on my capital trading spreadbetting. This was done over a period of 45 days average about 1 trade a day. Over that period I had 4 losses.
That was really quite easy.I cannot and will not divulge my strategy.
The point I want to make is, it does not take years of losses to become a good trader.
The secret is to think for yourself when you create a strategy, and to accept it as a very high risk game. Trading is in your head only, its not the markets that will destroy you.
If you want to impress anyone here, get to know the culture and then post something that fits within our culture.

Most here give more evidence of accomplishment than just saying so. For example, I opened a new auditable account to provide my students evidence of performance. Others provide evidence in other ways.

This is a good place to learn and teach. Hope you can do both.
HowardCohodas is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:51pm   #4
Joined Nov 2010

snorre101 started this thread I only risk 0.5% of my capital per trade. That return was made on the spread, not on a high stake.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:54pm   #5
Joined Nov 2010

snorre101 started this thread I dont want to impress anybody. And I dont want to learn from you, because if I start following conventional wisdom, I will not make any profits anymore !! Of course I expect to be mocked and called a fool.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:58pm   #6
tar

Joined Nov 2006

Quote:
I dont want to impress anybody. And I dont want to learn from you, because if I start following conventional wisdom, I will not make any profits anymore !! Of course I expect to be mocked and called a fool.
This dont mean anything check this list they started with 10000 b4 few days ...

http://www.intertrader.com/champion/
tar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:59pm   #7

Joined Sep 2010

Quote:
I dont want to impress anybody. And I dont want to learn from you, because if I start following conventional wisdom, I will not make any profits anymore !! Of course I expect to be mocked and called a fool.
Since you don't know me, my accomplishments or my reputation, that's pretty arrogant.

Even though I'm very successful using my strategy and teach it to others, I always have something to learn from the wisdom and experience of many of the members on this forum.

Desiring to be mocked and displaying arrogance in your posts is likely a personality flaw. I would look into that.
HowardCohodas is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:00pm   #8

Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Then why you posting if you don't want to impress anyone. Why don't you just get on with it?
forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:06pm   #9
Joined Nov 2010

snorre101 started this thread Before I joined the forum I used to read the posts. Personal attacks is the way to go it seems, but I will not join in that game. All I am saying is that its not that diffecult, if you dont follow any of the accepted strategies. That will annoy some traders, whose hobby is trading, and not making money.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:09pm   #10
Joined Nov 2010

snorre101 started this thread Yes, forker, thats really, a good point, I cannot really answer that.