300% return on capital !

This is a discussion on 300% return on capital ! within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by snorre101 One last question, If you are such successful traders, with supposedly some money to spent, and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 5, 2010, 11:28pm   #43

Joined Sep 2010
Re: 300% return on capital !

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorre101 View Post
One last question, If you are such successful traders, with supposedly some money to spent, and places to go, why do you spend so much time on this forum ?
That's a fair question.

I think we have partially answered that in this thread, but I'll indulge your question by answering it honestly from my own standpoint. Some of us enjoy learning and sharing what we know with others and helping others. It's in our DNA. If you don't have that "help others" gene you probably won't understand this motivation. Trading success gives us the time to indulge this passion.

Trading can be a lonely enterprise. I work from a home office and my wife works in a company office. Being on a forums offer some social interaction, albeit not face-to-face, that enriches our lives and hopefully enriches the lives of those with whom we correspond.

There are other less important reasons. However, if you "get-it" these examples should answer your question.
HowardCohodas is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 11:29pm   #44
Joined Nov 2010

snorre101 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanreversion View Post
You're absolutely right, I'm unsubscribing.. bye bye!!
yeah, my homework is done.
snorre101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 11:37pm   #45
Joined Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
That's a fair question.

I think we have partially answered that in this thread, but I'll indulge your question by answering it honestly from my own standpoint. Some of us enjoy learning and sharing what we know with others and helping others. It's in our DNA. If you don't have that "help others" gene you probably won't understand this motivation. Trading success gives us the time to indulge this passion.

Trading can be a lonely enterprise. I work from a home office and my wife works in a company office. Being on a forums offer some social interaction, albeit not face-to-face, that enriches our lives and hopefully enriches the lives of those with whom we correspond.

There are other less important reasons. However, if you "get-it" these examples should answer your question.
My apologies then. I agree with what you say. My initial post was with the intent to get some reaction, to troll. Of course there is a lot of good advice on the forum, and we all need advice at some point, even super traders like myself, ( thats a joke, please stay calm everybody )
Old Nov 5, 2010, 11:46pm   #46
Joined Nov 2010

snorre101 started this thread To all you negative people out there. My thread is the most popular. I am in first place, the first star ! ThankYou !

PS. The Troll is going to bed now. Probably the moderators will close the Troll's thread anyway.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 11:49pm   #47

Joined Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorre101 View Post
To all you negative people out there. My thread is the most popular. I am in first place, the first star ! ThankYou !
I'm not familiar with how to rank a thread in popularity. However, when I click on "New Posts" it's usually near the top because it was posted to most recently.
HowardCohodas is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 11:50pm   #48
Joined Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanreversion View Post
You're absolutely right, I'm unsubscribing..
Bugger forgot about the emails

comment was just general one about these threads, not aimed at any one.
masnachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 11:56pm   #49
Joined Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
I'm not familiar with how to rank a thread in popularity. However, when I click on "New Posts" it's usually near the top because it was posted to most recently.
Thanks, I will keep posting then, so that masnachau, can keep under eye.