USA Forum

This is a discussion on USA Forum within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Originally Posted by hhiusa Hollywood is the entertainment capital of world. I am also partial to Scandinavian crime dramas like ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 14, 2015, 8:38am   #33
 
Pat494's Avatar
Joined Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhiusa View Post
Hollywood is the entertainment capital of world. I am also partial to Scandinavian crime dramas like Forbrydelsen (The Killing) and Bron (The Bridge).
Not 1 decent sort of film has come out of Hollywood in years. They seem to only produce films promoting extreme violence, sexual deviance, criminal tendencies etc. yuk.
OK I can exercise my option to boycott them on a personal level, I agree. And Hollywood is driven purely by money not any moral considerations for a better world. I see Caitlyn Jenner is now being offered millions to perform. Most of the studios are owned by Jewish money apparently. Is that part of the answer ?

There was a time that the good guys used to win in the end but I suppose that storyline has run its course and become boring. On to urban violence then, jihadi beheadings etc. If what goes around, comes around watch out !
__________________
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Einstein
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2015, 9:57pm   #34
 
hhiusa's Avatar
Joined May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
Not 1 decent sort of film has come out of Hollywood in years. They seem to only produce films promoting extreme violence, sexual deviance, criminal tendencies etc. yuk.
OK I can exercise my option to boycott them on a personal level, I agree. And Hollywood is driven purely by money not any moral considerations for a better world. I see Caitlyn Jenner is now being offered millions to perform. Most of the studios are owned by Jewish money apparently. Is that part of the answer ?

There was a time that the good guys used to win in the end but I suppose that storyline has run its course and become boring. On to urban violence then, jihadi beheadings etc. If what goes around, comes around watch out !
All your posts are bitch fests. Get off your bum, start a business and work hard or else find a healthy hobby. You act as if you have to watch these films.
__________________
The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money.”
- Margaret Thatcher
hhiusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2015, 5:51am   #35
 
Oscar Reed's Avatar
Joined May 2015
Oscar Reed started this thread USA looking good in a global world sport.

Possible 3 times world champions in the making.

http://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/groups/
Oscar Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:15am   #36
 
Pat494's Avatar
Joined Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhiusa View Post
All your posts are bitch fests. Get off your bum, start a business and work hard or else find a healthy hobby. You act as if you have to watch these films.
Is that a lead up to - and what business have you started up ? Are you a millionaire ? Own a big chunk of Manhattan perhaps ? Probably trading out of your parent's house in The Bronx.

Having scoffed at my suggestion for a desperate Greece you still haven't given yours. No clues ? No answers or solutions ? Perhaps bombing them into submission with expensive PR ( horse sh1t ) and more loans ? Making loads of money for yourselves and not solving their problems. The Right are mostly a heartless lot of self important hogs.

__________________
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Einstein

Last edited by Pat494; Jun 16, 2015 at 11:42am.
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2015, 3:16pm   #37
 
hhiusa's Avatar
Joined May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
Is that a lead up to - and what business have you started up ? Are you a millionaire ? Own a big chunk of Manhattan perhaps ? Probably trading out of your parent's house in The Bronx.

Having scoffed at my suggestion for a desperate Greece you still haven't given yours. No clues ? No answers or solutions ? Perhaps bombing them into submission with expensive PR ( horse sh1t ) and more loans ? Making loads of money for yourselves and not solving their problems. The Right are mostly a heartless lot of self important hogs.

Post that in the Grexit thread.
__________________
The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money.”
- Margaret Thatcher
hhiusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2015, 3:24pm   #38
 
hhiusa's Avatar
Joined May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Reed View Post
USA looking good in a global world sport.

Possible 3 times world champions in the making.

http://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/groups/
I just watched this film on tv called "The Avengers". It is not the comic book film. It is from 1998 with Ralph Fiennes and Sean Connery. It is an incredibly campy film about British secret agents.

__________________
The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money.”
- Margaret Thatcher
hhiusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2015, 4:14pm   #39
NVP
 
NVP's Avatar
Joined Jun 2004
perhaps they should make a TV series based on the characters ?
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2015, 5:10pm   #40
 
Pat494's Avatar
Joined Mar 2004
The USA scores another first

A new international survey reveals which nationalities are most likely to steal hotel toiletries, tinkle in the pool, and cheat on their partner while on holiday.

In an online poll conducted among 9,577 adults in the US, Canada, the UK, Germany and China, TravelZoo asked respondents to fess up on their travel transgressions, be it pinching a bottle of mini shampoo, sneaking a wheel of undeclared raw cheese through customs, or calling in sick to extend their vacation.

Overall, it seems that American travelers harbor the most secrets and engage in the greatest number of travel misdemeanors, coming out on top in three out of six categories.

Either that, or American travelers are the most forthcoming.

For example, 69 percent of Americans admitted to pilfering extra hotel toiletries, compared to 63 percent of Canadians, 61 percent of Chinese, 45 percent of Britons and 20 percent of Germans.

Likewise, Americans are the most likely to take a tinkle in the pool or ocean (64 percent), according to the survey, followed by Canadians, Britons, Germans and Chinese travelers.

Where they buck the trend, meanwhile, is in the category of illicit vacation hanky panky.



10 percent of German respondents admitted to having cheated on their partner while on holiday, followed by Chinese travelers (5 percent), Britons (4 percent), Americans (3 percent) and Canadians (2 percent).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are watching you cowboy. No peeing in the pool please and that goes for your horse too
Well really.
__________________
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Einstein

Last edited by Pat494; Jun 16, 2015 at 5:17pm.
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USA or UK for FXCM bluetownman First Steps 2 Oct 29, 2009 7:29pm
USA visa's N Rothschild General Trading Chat 7 Jan 10, 2009 3:57pm
Software Forum Guide & Forum Structure Rognvald Trading Software 12 Mar 5, 2004 12:16pm
And in the USA......... titus-uk Indices 2 Apr 4, 2001 10:17am

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)