Forex "Pin" Bars

This is a discussion on Forex "Pin" Bars within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; The purpose of this thread is for posting charts and discussions of "pin" bar charts. Ideally alerts should be posted ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 6, 2008, 1:12pm   #1

Joined Jan 2007
Post Forex "Pin" Bars

The purpose of this thread is for posting charts and discussions of "pin" bar charts. Ideally alerts should be posted here live in real time. For more about "pin" bars, please see TD's thread "Making Money Trading" or the James16 thread over at Forex Factory.

Live trades, entries and exits, and alerts can be posted here.

People who trade this system should check for new messages in this thread every hour as most people trade hourly FX pin bars. It would be even more helpful if people could post a few minutes before the bar closes so that we can evaluate the trade and enter orders if it closes as a good pin.
lurkerlurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: shadowninja
Old Jan 6, 2008, 10:24pm   #2

Joined Jul 2007
Alert

GBP/USD: 4H, 3 bars ago but still time to get on-board. Punched through 19800 and back down again.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 11:17pm   #3
Joined Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowninja View Post
GBP/USD: 4H, 3 bars ago but still time to get on-board. Punched through 19800 and back down again.
That's a pretty sorry looking pinbar SN....The open and close are way too far apart.

Apart from the fact we're getting close to monthly/weekly/daily Resistance and Fibs at roughly 60-70 pips below, it might have been worth a quick short punt, but at this time of the day and day of the week, it's a relatively expensive proposition and with a number of Euro zone figures comin gout from 06:45 through 10:00 tomorrow, do you really want to be exposed?
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2008, 11:19pm   #4

Joined Jul 2007
Fair enough. Worth highlighting anyway so people can see something that isn't to be traded.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 11:23pm   #5
Joined Jul 2003
Well, I didn't say it wasn't to be traded, that's up to you and everybody else.

I just pointed out it wasn't a Class I pinbar AND it was an relatively expensive time of day/day of weeek to trade AND there was limited downside potential to the move AND we had a bunch of figures coming out...LOL.

edit:- Plus, you'll start all our feathered friends off if they notice what the 5 min is hugging...

Last edited by TheBramble; Jan 6, 2008 at 11:29pm. Reason: issues that can't be ducked....
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2008, 11:43pm   #6
Joined May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowninja View Post
excellent .. that's the idea for this thread .. it's a pin bar .. it's up for discussion .. I've been looking at it , and looking at it .. I didn't even think about the Eurozone data out this week so this is good input from TheBramble as well
shortorlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2008, 11:48pm   #7
Joined May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBramble View Post
Well, I didn't say it wasn't to be traded, that's up to you and everybody else.

I just pointed out it wasn't a Class I pinbar AND it was an relatively expensive time of day/day of weeek to trade AND there was limited downside potential to the move AND we had a bunch of figures coming out...LOL.

edit:- Plus, you'll start all our feathered friends off if they notice what the 5 min is hugging...
can you spell it out for me .. it's late here, I've gone cross eyed .. what's that about feathered friends?
shortorlong is offline   Reply With Quote