Luck and Hope

This is a discussion on Luck and Hope within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; A lot of new traders tend to rely on luck and hope when they trade rather than discipline and patience. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:37am   #1
Joined Apr 2013
Luck and Hope

A lot of new traders tend to rely on luck and hope when they trade rather than discipline and patience. Luck and hope have no place in a successful trading plan if your aim is to generate profits on a consistent base. The sooner a new trader understands that placing a trade based on hope that it will move in the desired direction hoping to get lucky is a great strategy to move a portfolio in the opposite direction, the sooner a trader can start to develop the correct skill set.

In theory it does not sound much, but as statistics show 98% of all traders will fail at trading which speaks volumes. A lot of traders tend to subscribe to the wrong trading approach or fail to understand and implement a good trading approach.
Rambo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:47am   #2
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
Re: Luck and Hope

Quote:
A lot of new traders tend to rely on luck and hope when they trade rather than discipline and patience.
How do you know this to be the case ?
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:40am   #3
NVP

Joined Jun 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo35 View Post
A lot of new traders tend to rely on luck and hope when they trade rather than discipline and patience. Luck and hope have no place in a successful trading plan if your aim is to generate profits on a consistent base. The sooner a new trader understands that placing a trade based on hope that it will move in the desired direction hoping to get lucky is a great strategy to move a portfolio in the opposite direction, the sooner a trader can start to develop the correct skill set.

In theory it does not sound much, but as statistics show 98% of all traders will fail at trading which speaks volumes. A lot of traders tend to subscribe to the wrong trading approach or fail to understand and implement a good trading approach.
Eggs, Grandma, suck , teach

place into a sentence
N
i've been developing forex strengthmeters now for over 13 years - if you have questions or want to discuss Vendor products ask me for help ! What is a Forex Strengthmeter ? http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fore...rs-basics.html The FXCorrelator - All my Indicators & simple systems http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fore...ml#post2197030FXCorrelator.com is being updated .....so watch this space
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: cablemonster
Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:17pm   #4
Joined Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post

place into a sentence
N
Teaching grandmas to suck anything has no place in trading.

IMHO
wallstreetwarrior87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: wackypete2
Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:38pm   #5

Joined Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreetwarrior87 View Post
Teaching grandmas to suck anything has no place in trading.

IMHO
Rofl.

Well said mate
perox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:07pm   #6

Joined Sep 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post

place into a sentence
N
15 months in Belmarsh for geriatric abuse

Contributor to T2W's Trading FAQ Book
http://www.trade2win.com/books/trading-faqs

T2W interview

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/a...ichard-joyson/
Mr. Charts is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:41am   #7
Joined Apr 2013

Rambo35 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader333 View Post
How do you know this to be the case ?
New traders I have come across in real life and forums. They hold on to loosing trades hoping for a turnaround, they place trades hoping to get lucky. The high failure rate confirms this as well. I understand that there are hundreds of millions of traders and I based my assumption on maybe 100 traders, but if the consumer confidence data can offer a snap shot for over 300 million Americans based on a few hundred respondents and traders think it is a valid snap shot I took the liberty to do something similar.

I could be wrong about this, and I simply write about my experiences with traders I have met and talked to.
Rambo35 is offline   Reply With Quote