Luck.....And you.....

• 1. Markets give you the rub of the green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. Markets treat you fairly

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • 3. Markets punish you at every opportunity. The gods are conspiring against you

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
I don't like thinking about own personal luck or bad luck, it can drive you insane. As for market luck, i don't think about that either, although you can be lucky, like selling an unknown event such as an earthquake (see Livermore). In general, trading wise, if you start analyising luck more than the trade or market then you probably should stop and have a rethink about what you are actually doing. This post is not aimed at anyone in particular, just a general comment.

And if you have to start keeping atally oflucky v's unlucky breaks, it will drive you nuts & weigh you down. The better approach is to be open minded about what will happen next.

Basically, with trading, I am a John Mcenroe at the moment. I need to become a Bjorn Borg or a Strefan Edberg.

Ice ice baby!

These guys wouldnt get flustered in the heat of battle!

Bjorn%20Borg.jpg

stefanYoung%20a%20mettre.jpg

michaeljordan.jpg

1619117.jpg

jonny_wilkinson.jpg

url

lineker-280.jpg

Last edited:
And if you have to start keeping atally oflucky v's unlucky breaks, it will drive you nuts & weigh you down. The better approach is to be open minded about what will happen next.

Yep, keep open minded and don't let it get personal.

Dick, yup, everything.

If I believe that I am responsible for the good I can't decline responsibility for the bad.

This reminds me of Glenn Hoddle and his belief that disabled people are being punished for sins in a previous life.

dd

Basically, with trading, I am a John Mcenroe at the moment. I need to become a Bjorn Borg or a Strefan Edberg.

Ice ice baby!

:D Can you imagine J. Macenroe with some of these SB firms? I wouldn't like to have to explain an unusual spike that disolved his entire account when he telephoned about an 'error'.:LOL:

:D Can you imagine J. Macenroe with some of these SB firms? I wouldn't like to have to explain an unusual spike that disolved his entire account when he telephoned about an 'error'.:LOL:

To be fair to JPM, at least the guy used to win!

I'm probably more like Hugh Grant at the moment - a blithering, bird brained bloody idiot!

This reminds me of Glenn Hoddle and his belief that disabled people are being punished for sins in a previous life.

dd

No idea who he is but isn't that the Buddhist belief of rebirths and Karma as well.

I definitely haven't got all the answers, but there are certainly quite a lot of questions though aren't there...

Are we all together in one Universe ?

If we are, is everything we see real ?

Or are we all alone in our own parallel universes ?

Are we creating them as we go along ?

Is what we create real or just window dressing, just an unreal mirror reflection of our fears and hopes aand emotional rollercoaster rides ?

Wouldn't one possible explanation for our universe(s) be that we come here with a preconceived learning / experiencing purpose, and are simply tested on our path and in our development by adversity, real or unreal ?

At the end of the day one has got to go with what makes sense for one, and what feels right.

And for me that is simply action = reaction, what I put out is what comes back to me, ie I am responsible for what happens to me and my world.

Is what we create real or just window dressing, just an unreal mirror reflection of our fears and hopes aand emotional rollercoaster rides ?

I think everyone does this on a daily basis, we have to act in a way that suits ourselves but also suits others, and if you can't find the happy medium you become unstable. Prozac anyone?

I agree with what you are saying, BSD.

I think everyone does this on a daily basis, we have to act in a way that suits ourselves but also suits others, and if you can't find the happy medium you become unstable. Prozac anyone?

Absolutely mate.

It's either this:

poster.gif

Or you will need this instead:

Prozac.jpg

No idea who he is but isn't that the Buddhist belief of rebirths and Karma as well.

Thinking about it I wouldn't expect a German to know who he is ( was ) :LOL:

I definitely haven't got all the answers, but there are certainly quite a lot of questions though aren't there...

yes, if I couldn't bear to live with unanswered questions then I suppose religion would fill the blanks for me.

Are we all together in one Universe ?

If we are, is everything we see real ?

Or are we all alone in our own parallel universes ?

Are we creating them as we go along ?

Wouldn't one possible explanation for our universe(s) be that we come here with a preconceived learning / experiencing purpose, and are simply tested on our path and in our development by adversity, real or unreal ?

At the end of the day one has got to go with what makes sense for one, and what feels right.

And for me that is simply action = reaction, what I put out is what comes back to me, ie I am responsible for what happens to me and my world.

Don't know, I'll think on it,

but I do believe free will is real and not an illusion.

OK, I've just had a sleeping pill, off to bed said Zebedee :sleep:

Later

dd

Absolutely mate.

It's either this:

poster.gif

Or you will need this instead:

Prozac.jpg

Mate,

The local prozac factory is actually taking people on and not laying them off. The credit crunch isn't all bad news.:)

Thinking about it I wouldn't expect a German to know who he is ( was ) :LOL:

Hehe, OK, went and googled him.

But then I must admit that I only watch football at Euro cups or world championshios when theres all that public viewing places and pretty girls etc so couldn't really tell you names of any German players offhand either hehe. :LOL:

Mate,

The local prozac factory is actually taking people on and not laying them off. The credit crunch isn't all bad news.:)

Haha lovely.

I need some, suffering through penance for having created W. Bush in my universe.

:D

Haha lovely.

I need some, suffering through penance for having created W. Bush in my universe.

Hey, talking of depression, 24hrs is a long time in politics, if this Bradley Effect thing is for real then we could be just months away from Palin in the top job.

Imagine that, Palin as President ( George Bush with lipstick on )

dd

Reactions: BSD
Haha lovely.

:)The kids round our way wear G W Bush and B Bernanke masks when out on halloween night.....you always give them a treat, never take the trick.

Hey, talking of depression, 24hrs is a long time in politics, if this Bradley Effect thing is for real then we could be just months away from Palin in the top job.

Imagine that, Palin as President ( George Bush with lipstick on )

dd

Haha Dick,

W with lipstick.

Sums it up perfectly.

Heck, if I go and create that, her as next POTUS down the line, Prozac definitely won't be enough any longer...

I might have to retire to the solitude of an isolated mountain top cave to rectify the grave errors of my ways...

:eek:

Luck.

As a general rule of thumb, in trading, do you feel that you get -

1. The markets give you "the rub of the green" (good luck)
2. The markets treat you faily (neither lucky or unlucky)
3. The markets seem to punish you at every opportunity.The gods are conspiring against you (the unluckiest swine alive).

Luck is irrelevant. It's all about probabilties - (that you can ascertain).