City Index = Very Poor

This is a discussion on City Index = Very Poor within the Forex Brokers forums, part of the Commercial category; I've been using City Index for a while and I'm looking to change as quickly as possible. Account Managers - ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 12, 2010, 2:54pm   #1
Joined Feb 2010
City Index = Very Poor

I've been using City Index for a while and I'm looking to change as quickly as possible.

Account Managers - Send you lots of emails but don't actually reply to any requests.

Very Poor Spread 3 points on cable
3 on Eur/USD
5 USD/CHF
..and other shares the spreads are huge Microsoft for example is over 12 pips at times.

Platform constantly goes down during busy hours. Prices quoted are totally different to FXCM and Alpari at times and always seem to be against you. I have asked whether they hedge etc and have had no reply. I cannot find any of this on the site.

Anyone else had a different experience?
Mr Flibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 3:33pm   #2
Joined Feb 2010
Re: City Index = Very Poor

Mr Flibble started this thread Platform up to its little tricks..again. Continually going down as we approach some major movement in the market. I don't expect it to be back up until the market goes against me. Oh happy days. Time for Alpari me thinks.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 3:35pm   #3

Joined Jan 2004

Ive not had a single problem with Tradefair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CnAsdQiGzs
Lord Flasheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 4:34pm   #4
Joined Feb 2010

Mr Flibble started this thread Their spreads look a lot tighter too. I'll check them out. 1 point spread on the FTSE?
Old Mar 19, 2010, 5:27pm   #5

Joined Oct 2009

Agreed cityindex is an unreliable platform, numerous occasions I haven't been able to log on, been cut off within seconds of getting on, and have never rang and asked but some of the spikes on the currencies are scary, dunno if it a technical glitch or something but, hang on I'll be precise if I can get on, on the 30th december on eur jpy the open was 13192 and the spike topped at 15027, and the gbp sgd is just the worst can find, I am not wasting too much time on this but it makes me a bit paranoid if this is right, gbp/sgd 9/3/2009 open 21898, low 11251. 15/5/09 open 22298, high 30937, low 9424. 6/8/09 open 24376, high 54601, maybe these are holidays, am not sure, but it definitely is a worry..
LittleKnown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 5:56pm   #6
Joined Feb 2010

Mr Flibble started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKnown View Post
Agreed cityindex is an unreliable platform, numerous occasions I haven't been able to log on, been cut off within seconds of getting on, and have never rang and asked but some of the spikes on the currencies are scary, dunno if it a technical glitch or something but, hang on I'll be precise if I can get on, on the 30th december on eur jpy the open was 13192 and the spike topped at 15027, and the gbp sgd is just the worst can find, I am not wasting too much time on this but it makes me a bit paranoid if this is right, gbp/sgd 9/3/2009 open 21898, low 11251. 15/5/09 open 22298, high 30937, low 9424. 6/8/09 open 24376, high 54601, maybe these are holidays, am not sure, but it definitely is a worry..
Thanks for the post have you ever placed a stop loss and it immediately knocks you out of a trade you were 10 pips away from? The price even on the platform doesnt move. Quite strange. They claim to put all orders straight through to the market in an email to me although I doubt that. Platform has gone offline at least 30 times for a few seconds to minutes just in todays trading alone.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 6:00pm   #7

Joined Oct 2009

Yeah I've had a few funny moments but I just put those trades down to being new, doubled my account at first, but that was just begginers luck I think, now I'm £40 down from where I started, thinking of just using cityindex for Indices
LittleKnown is offline   Reply With Quote