BinaryBet.com

This is a discussion on BinaryBet.com within the Fixed Odds & Binary Betting forums, part of the Markets category; Does binarybet.com allow you to hedge in decimal mode with the odds of your choice on hourly bets? Any advice ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 4, 2006, 7:00am   #1
Joined Oct 2005
Question BinaryBet.com

Does binarybet.com allow you to hedge in decimal mode with the odds of your choice on hourly bets? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Andrew

Old Apr 4, 2006, 10:58am   #2

Joined Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by akinkead72
Does binarybet.com allow you to hedge in decimal mode with the odds of your choice on hourly bets? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Andrew

One can trade the binaries on www.binarybet.com in decimals.....
Old Apr 4, 2006, 1:04pm   #3
Joined May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertral
One can trade the binaries on www.binarybet.com in decimals.....
Ditto for www.worldspreads100.com.
England765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 12:35am   #4
Joined Oct 2005
Question Re: BinaryBet.com

akinkead72 started this thread How would you properly hedge a hourly bet on the Dow or FTSE to guarantee a profit by backing both sides in decimal mode?
Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Andrew

Old Apr 6, 2006, 2:10am   #5

Joined May 2005
Quote:
How would you properly hedge a hourly bet on the Dow or FTSE to guarantee a profit by backing both sides in decimal mode?
Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Andrew

Binarybet, like all other binary companies, allow you to close a bet at any time. Backing both sides to create equal profit is basically the same thing as closing a bet once it has reached the desired profit target, although the advantage of closing a bet is that your account balance is immediately updated with the returned stake and the profit on the bet.
BinarySoft Chris is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 2:18am   #6
Joined Oct 2005

akinkead72 started this thread Hey Jules101, how would i place the trade in detail to hedge or back both sides in order to guarantee profit on the hourly Dow or FTSE?
Thanks, Andrew
Old Apr 6, 2006, 12:12pm   #7

Joined May 2005
Quote:
Hey Jules101, how would i place the trade in detail to hedge or back both sides in order to guarantee profit on the hourly Dow or FTSE?
Thanks, Andrew
Just back both sides at greater than 2.0 odds! E.g. back £100 at 2.5 odds on both sides to guarantee profit of £50.
BinarySoft Chris is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 5:48am   #8
Joined Oct 2005

akinkead72 started this thread How do you change the odds when backing both sides on the hourly Dow and FTSE bets?
Thanks, Andrew
Old Apr 12, 2006, 6:00pm   #9

Joined Jan 2004
Akinhead. Ill try and explain how Binarybet works. they lay a 105% book on the Ftse and Dow hourly trades. That means that for every £105 they take they pay out £100. Here is an example taken from todays 4.30 to 5.30 dow

To rise is 3.1
to fall is 1.38

Divide them both into 100 and you get 32.25 and 72.46 . Add them up and you get 104.71, Thats how you work out the % book. For you to make a profit you need to back the rise at 3.1 with 32.25 then hope the fall goes to 1.5 and back it with 72.46. anyway hope that helps and is easy to understand. I was a bookie with Will hills for 10 years but may not have explained it clearly. But the same principles apply to bookies when they lay a book for any event. I beleive that binarybets prices are linked to the futurs markets and hence their prices move automatically. They also have traders their watching markets as well.
Lord Flasheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2006, 5:48am   #10
Joined Oct 2005

akinkead72 started this thread Hey Jules101, how do you back both sides at 2.5 odds to guarantee a profit?
I've looked at the platform and have seen a way to do that!
a more detailed explanation would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Andrew