Pgi

This is a discussion on Pgi within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Damnation, that didn't work how I expected. Split the 4th line into I want to win, with 100 under it. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 27, 2009, 11:36am   #33
Car
Joined Aug 2008
Car started this thread Damnation, that didn't work how I expected.
Split the 4th line into I want to win, with 100 under it. Costs@5-2%, with 52.6 under it. Accumulative, with 52.6 under it. Then profit with 47.4 under it and all will become clear. Well it's clear to me anyway!
Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2009, 10:26pm   #34
Joined Jul 2009
As clear as mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car View Post
Damnation, that didn't work how I expected.
Split the 4th line into I want to win, with 100 under it. Costs@5-2%, with 52.6 under it. Accumulative, with 52.6 under it. Then profit with 47.4 under it and all will become clear. Well it's clear to me anyway!
Morning,

That's as clear as mud ????? What's the end result and what does it mean?

Allan.
wellsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2009, 1:00am   #35

6 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsey View Post
Morning,

That's as clear as mud ????? What's the end result and what does it mean?

Allan.
BOM (bet on markets) used to use a 50% split eg I want to win 100 would cost you 50.
They changed some months back. If you want to win 100 it now costs you 50 + a % this figure can vary depending upon demand.

I believe what car is getting at is your return diminishes the more you 'double up'.
eg:
I want to win 100 yields a return of between 44-47, double up i want to win 200 yields 88-92 minus your initial is 30-40 the more you double up the less return because of the new cost of bets. (the fugures here are example and not accurate to the $). Effectively once you hit the 4th double up at standard double ups you 'lose' money.

Pgi's new strategy doesnt suggest a 50$ bet anyway it suggests a 200$ initial so that means you select I want to win 400, then 800, then 1200.
Late for work but I hope this clears things up for you.
Howling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2009, 8:39am   #36

3 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
hi guys,

i have also been contacted by these guys, and like others feel as though its too good to be true. Anyways I've just started looking into it, and from what i can see, what we are paying for is just an email or sms that has information that is around 65 - 85% of the time is correct.

Futher to the above $7500, if after 6 months we have earned more than $20,000, we must pay full price for the service (around $23,000).

Is this what others have found?

Also, a question i have: If all we are really buying is an sms or email, what is to stop people re-distributing them? Or even getting a group of 10 mates to chip in and forwarding the information?

Just a thought! Although if somebody did want to forward emails im sure it would help newbies playing around with the virtual accounts get a feel for the system before forking out the money!

Cheers!

Last edited by jjt327; Jul 28, 2009 at 8:39am. Reason: typo
jjt327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2009, 10:47am   #37
Car
Joined Aug 2008
Car started this thread Thanks Howling

Yes, that's what I was trying to point out, without saying too much.
You can take it further though. By playing about with the I want to win amount you can make a different stratigy to the normal 50, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, where you end up loosing.

Then I thought, what would happen if I did'nt play the first hour, or first two hours. This was when the alerts started going out further. Any way, I decided to run some "what if's". Say, I want to win 25, then 60, 150, 350, 800, 1750. Or, I want to win 100, then 250, 600, 1500, 3500, 7500. I was wondering if others thought this was a better stratigy than running the original that lost money? I will fax the three charts I made if you get me a number.

I understand we are supposed to have had a letter from PGI telling us not to trade the original 6 hour, 3200 account devided by 64 rule. Did any one get that letter? All I got was an e-mail telling me that there was now an option to trade 3 hours with a suggested 200, 400, 800 betting stratigy.

If you are able to get the list of alerts for July (15 07 09), you will see that two went out further than 6 hours, one to 7 doubles (8 hours) and one to 8 doubles (9 hours). My friend and I chose to run both and we were both almost wiped out! This has hapened before, (13 05 09) 6 doubles (7 hours).

For the PGI system to work you need trust in the alerts. Both the 6 hour and the 3 hour rules will not be profitable if even a few go out further. The 3 hour rule costs 1400 to lose, that takes 7 wins to break even from. Get the up to date list of alerts, or your e-mail alerts, if you keep them all and work out the probability of success. I don't like the look of the new 3 hour rule.
Don.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 9:17am   #38
Joined Jul 2009
Evening all,

Thanks for clearing the mud.

jjt327, I also was offered that deal. Is there anyone who is a member that contacted PGI in the first instance?? I think, probably all of us, were contacted as a result of being on a mailing list that was compiled from inquiries into horse racing systems or the likes.

In approximatley 10 months of trading, up till late May 09, I received 4-5 alerts per trading night. Following PGI's stratergy, without making any mistakes, all was fine, only 4 alerts (from memory) went past three hours. Since late May, alerts have been few and far between with around 20 going past three hours, I suspect that something has gone wrong with the provision of the alerts ( PGI has stopped paying for them or someone has left the company or is on hollidays and some inexperienced person is trying to fill the void). The excuse about the current financial climate does not wash, that climate has been around for 12 months or more, not the last 6- 8 weeks. How many trading nights in 6-8 weeks have there been NO alerts??

Allan.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:01am   #39
Car
Joined Aug 2008
Car started this thread Hi Alan

Im not too worried about not getting alerts, I'm worried about the ones that go out too far and I make a loss. I have always trusted that if there is no alerts, the markets are in a stage that I could lose money. In that case I do'nt want any alerts.

Don.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:37pm   #40
Joined Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car View Post
Hi Alan

Im not too worried about not getting alerts, I'm worried about the ones that go out too far and I make a loss. I have always trusted that if there is no alerts, the markets are in a stage that I could lose money. In that case I do'nt want any alerts.

Don.
Morning Don and others,

PGI claim a 96% success rate (back tested??), in the last 2months it has dropped to around 15%. How many wining trades are required to recover your loss from one walk away, you loss faster than you can win,

Is anyone able to view PGI,s live trading account?

Allan