Pgi

This is a discussion on Pgi within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; Hi Howling, I'm glad to hear things are starting to look good for you again. Unfortunately my bad run continues...over ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 1, 2009, 12:31pm   #29

3 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Hi Howling,
I'm glad to hear things are starting to look good for you again. Unfortunately my bad run continues...over the last 2 weeks 4 out of 20 alerts went through the 3 hour mark. I'm currently receiving alerts for 6 indices. This is just unsustainable.
Cheers John
johnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2009, 8:35am   #30
Joined Jul 2009
Hi all,

Glad to find you. I have been trading since July 2008, not quit so much recently. Looking foward to more posts.

Regards,
Allan
wellsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2009, 8:51am   #31
Joined Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howling View Post
If you read up someone said they were on the system and its working, albeit stressful.

I also made the leap and joined, as stated you have to have a good stable internet and be prepared to 'double up' up to 5 -6 times.
This is not a scam, but for me the alerts can arrive at times I cannot trade, eg: 2,3,4 AM.
So check the timezone of the market(s) you sign up for.
With the markets being somewhat volatile at the moment I am getting about 5 -6 alerts a week.
Also they say if get an alert an say 9:45 place your bet for 10:10 to 11:00, check it at 11:50 if it looks in your favour do nothing, this sometimes does not work.
This is because as we all know a market can turn in the last 2 -5 minutes rather easily, and I have lost a bet or 4 because of this. You have untill the last 5 minutes in the hour ro double up to the next hour so keep an eye on the market.

Hope this helps.
A tip, if your first bet is too close to call, place your second bet before 5 to the next hour, refresh you chart up till about 1 min to the hour and sell your second bet before the hour, if your first bet looks like winning. There is a small charge.

Allan.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 11:29am   #32
Car
Joined Aug 2008
Car started this thread Hi All, the small charge is I believe 5.2 % of the bet. An interesting formula is: the I want to win box figuer, devide by two (the bet), plus 5.25% (cost of bet), Add any previous cost of bet (accumulated cost of bet), take I want to win box and subtract accumulated cost of bet.
I want to win costs@5.2% Accumulative Profit
100 52.6 52.6 47.4
Continue this for as many hours you intend working, the bottom of the Accumulative collumn gives you the minimum you need in your account. You may notice a problem in the 5th and 6th hours. To solve that, try upping the I want to win amount. Having mastered that, how about just watching the first hour and betting in the second, it gets realy interesting the fewer hours you work, but obviously there arn't as many that do go out that far normaly. Well, that used to be the case? Have a look at that, but I'm not suggesting any one uses the information on a credit account. Has any one had a problem with the allerts going out further than the advertised six hours, or too many going past the three hours suggested? My e address is at the top of the page.
Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2009, 11:36am   #33
Car
Joined Aug 2008
Car started this thread Damnation, that didn't work how I expected.
Split the 4th line into I want to win, with 100 under it. Costs@5-2%, with 52.6 under it. Accumulative, with 52.6 under it. Then profit with 47.4 under it and all will become clear. Well it's clear to me anyway!
Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2009, 10:26pm   #34
Joined Jul 2009
Smile As clear as mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car View Post
Damnation, that didn't work how I expected.
Split the 4th line into I want to win, with 100 under it. Costs@5-2%, with 52.6 under it. Accumulative, with 52.6 under it. Then profit with 47.4 under it and all will become clear. Well it's clear to me anyway!
Morning,

That's as clear as mud ????? What's the end result and what does it mean?

Allan.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 1:00am   #35

6 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsey View Post
Morning,

That's as clear as mud ????? What's the end result and what does it mean?

Allan.
BOM (bet on markets) used to use a 50% split eg I want to win 100 would cost you 50.
They changed some months back. If you want to win 100 it now costs you 50 + a % this figure can vary depending upon demand.

I believe what car is getting at is your return diminishes the more you 'double up'.
eg:
I want to win 100 yields a return of between 44-47, double up i want to win 200 yields 88-92 minus your initial is 30-40 the more you double up the less return because of the new cost of bets. (the fugures here are example and not accurate to the $). Effectively once you hit the 4th double up at standard double ups you 'lose' money.

Pgi's new strategy doesnt suggest a 50$ bet anyway it suggests a 200$ initial so that means you select I want to win 400, then 800, then 1200.
Late for work but I hope this clears things up for you.
Howling is offline   Reply With Quote