All you need to trade is a horizontal line - TheRumpledOne

This is a discussion on All you need to trade is a horizontal line - TheRumpledOne within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; ALL YOU NEED TO TRADE IS A HORIZONTAL LINE TRADING IS SIMPLE. There is an entire industry built around making ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 18, 2008, 12:28am   #1

Joined Aug 2006
All you need to trade is a horizontal line - TheRumpledOne

ALL YOU NEED TO TRADE IS A HORIZONTAL LINE

TRADING IS SIMPLE.

There is an entire industry built around making you think it is complicated.

All you need is a HORIZONTAL LINE on your chart to be a profitable trader.

I bet you doubt me, don't you?

AAPL computer closed at $162.00 today.

Put a HORIZONTAL LINE AT $162.50 , if the price of AAPL moves up to that line, BUY.

Put a HORIZONTAL LINE AT $161.50 , if the price of AAPL moves down to that line, SELL SHORT.

IT IS THAT SIMPLE!!

You can do this with other stocks, currencies, futures, etc.

Oh when to take profits? Where to place stops? Just DON'T BE GREEDY and use COMMON SENSE! Learn some money management.

My BUY ZONE strategy is based on HORIZONTAL LINES. Check it out.. IT'S FREE!
TheRumpledOne is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: JTrader , Lightning McQueen , BSD , spahiu , TraderGreg , avasfx , goodtyneguy
Old Jan 18, 2008, 8:18am   #2
Joined Dec 2003
OK, I'll try it. Ftse100 buy 7500 sell 4500
Old Jan 18, 2008, 12:11pm   #3

Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRumpledOne View Post

TRADING IS SIMPLE.

Put a HORIZONTAL LINE AT $162.50 , if the price of AAPL moves up to that line, BUY.

Put a HORIZONTAL LINE AT $161.50 , if the price of AAPL moves down to that line, SELL SHORT.

IT IS THAT SIMPLE!!

Oh when to take profits? Where to place stops? Just DON'T BE GREEDY and use COMMON SENSE! Learn some money management.

OK FTSE closed at 5902 last night. I set up horiz lines +/- 10pnts. So if I sold at 5892 this morning then bought at 5912 a little later - where does that leave me now...??

Define "COMMON SENSE" please..... How would I have made a profit today under your system?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend,
inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- G Marx.
Hoggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2008, 12:19pm   #4

Joined Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggums View Post
OK FTSE closed at 5902 last night. I set up horiz lines +/- 10pnts. So if I sold at 5892 this morning then bought at 5912 a little later - where does that leave me now...??

Define "COMMON SENSE" please..... How would I have made a profit today under your system?
It is NOT THAT EASY, I suppose
DaxDestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2008, 12:52pm   #5
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:

I think that you should have made a profit on that short by moving your stop down. There was a good profit there. It's like Steve says on the "3 kings" thread. Some of us let the market take the profits back, again. Then, if you'd bought 10 points above the low, you'd be in business.

All hindsight, of course.

Split
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2008, 1:10pm   #6

Joined Jan 2007
Thumbs up Re: All you need to trade is a horizontal line - TheRumpledOne

Quote:

well keeping it pegged to the opening example I make it

5920 BUY

5902 close

5884 SELL

Based on .30% of close rounded as buy/sell lines.

How does that pan out any good ? I suppose the opposite lines are the stops ? Sure this type of break out has been tested beyond detruction already ...

"You smell that? Do you smell that? Coin, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of Coin in the morning."~ Colonel Coin
Crap Buddist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2008, 1:10pm   #7

Joined Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRumpledOne View Post

TRADING IS SIMPLE.

IT IS THAT SIMPLE!!

" There is an entire industry built around making you think its complicated " ...!!

THAT IS SO TRUE - !!
theroguetrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2008, 3:07pm   #8
Joined Dec 2002
Post Re: All you need to trade is a horizontal line - TheRumpledOne

Quote:

TRO's basically referring to his BUYZONE strategy that usaes horizontal lines.
Overall, with correct money management there should be positive expectancy and decent profits available. Not all trades win though, and your example on the FTSE may well be one such trade that lost.
BUYZONE isn't a holy grail afterall. Nor is any strategy that I've seen.
JTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Spiller
Old Jan 18, 2008, 3:13pm   #9
TWI

Joined Jan 2004
I think there is only one thing missing here and that is money management. Without it you will not succeed no mtter what you do or don't do.
Thanks! The following members like this post: BSD
Old Jan 18, 2008, 3:21pm   #10
Joined Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWI View Post
I think there is only one thing missing here and that is money management. Without it you will not succeed no mtter what you do or don't do.

ok we need money management rules.............tro can you kindly provide us with yours or can anyone else provide us with some idea's or a model that would work with the buyzone.......im not talking about where to set stops, im talking about how much % we risk per trade etc.

thank you,

jason
jayjay121 is offline   Reply With Quote