40-100 pips aday trading system

This is a discussion on 40-100 pips aday trading system within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; The poll in his thread over at babypips is encouraging with 16 claiming to have made money Vs 3 that ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 11, 2007, 3:42pm   #15

Joined Feb 2004
Thumbs up Re: 40-100 pips aday trading system

The poll in his thread over at babypips is encouraging with 16 claiming to have made money Vs 3 that have lost. I've just started reading the thread over there, seems ok so far.
Lightning McQueen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2007, 3:54pm   #16
Joined Dec 2002
Lightbulb Re: 40-100 pips aday trading system

OK, i'll go steady on James, after expressing my initial doubts.

Hopefully in the next week or so, my doubts will have been proved ill-founded, and any followers who report back here will be making the 40-100 pips EVERY DAY .

Good trading all.
JTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2007, 5:22pm   #17
Joined Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim123 View Post
Hi everyone
To answer all your questions and so i dont repeat my self have a look here it should cover all your questions.

http://forums.babypips.com/free-fore...s-per-day.html

James
James, if you've taken the trouble to 'repeat yourself' by starting this thread on this site, you can repeat yourself some more here, or not. I'm not hiking over to some other site. Good luck with your system.
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: JTrader
Old Aug 11, 2007, 5:27pm   #18
Joined Dec 2002
Arrow Re: 40-100 pips aday trading system

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBramble View Post
James, if you've taken the trouble to 'repeat yourself' by starting this thread on this site, you can repeat yourself some more here, or not. I'm not hiking over to some other site. Good luck with your system.
And if you do go to the trouble of expanding on things here, please post more screenshots & trade explanations than you did over at babypips .

I think screenshots of trades, with a line or 2 of accompanying text, are the best way to gain a good understanding of how something works.

Thanks a lot.
JTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2007, 5:48pm   #19

Joined Jul 2001
I've put this system on a few charts, and been watching 'live' for an hour or so friday before I was dragged screaming and kicking on a shopping trip by the other half up to the north of the island.

1st thing I have noticed is that running the same chart with 2 different sb's highlights the first problem.

It is; to enter within a pip or two of an IB and a signal from the stoch.
The sb's I used were cmc and IG and where one chart would form a IB, the other chart would not. So dependent on who you used, you would either be in the trade or not. This is short time frame stuff I must add. Sub 10 mins. Seeing as 15 mins is the proposed time frame it may work differently.

Will have to look at it more on monday given the chance, but the signals taken with the trend do look; (at first impression) pretty good.

Time as ever...

"Adapt or die!" Said the Coackroach to the Dinosaur.

Beware of false signals bearing gifts.

"I have seen the enemy...and it is me."

Follow the path of least resistance.
options is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: JTrader
Old Aug 12, 2007, 12:18am   #20
Joined Aug 2007
jim123 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by options View Post
I've put this system on a few charts, and been watching 'live' for an hour or so friday before I was dragged screaming and kicking on a shopping trip by the other half up to the north of the island.

1st thing I have noticed is that running the same chart with 2 different sb's highlights the first problem.

It is; to enter within a pip or two of an IB and a signal from the stoch.
The sb's I used were cmc and IG and where one chart would form a IB, the other chart would not. So dependent on who you used, you would either be in the trade or not. This is short time frame stuff I must add. Sub 10 mins. Seeing as 15 mins is the proposed time frame it may work differently.

Will have to look at it more on monday given the chance, but the signals taken with the trend do look; (at first impression) pretty good.

Time as ever...
Hi there is normal thats why i suggest use your own broker and we all trade off oanda demo i find them the most accrute charts.also 15/30 mins are the best charts for day trading i find.

Jim
jim123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2007, 9:30am   #21

Joined Jan 2004
had some spare time:
I see what TheBramble was saying with regards to Stochs over/under 80/20 hooks can be messy. however, a couple of times, it picks the top/bottom.
worth further evaluation?

EDIT: the times are between 9:00 and 20:00 because my data-provider times are 2 hours ahead. they equate to 7:00am to 18:00.

EDIT2: even though I would have taken the 80/20 hooks myself.
Attached Thumbnails
jim-aug06.gif   jim-aug07.gif   jim-aug08.gif  

jim-aug09.gif   jim-aug10.gif  
# Defeat is temporary. Giving up makes it permanent. Anon

Last edited by trendie; Aug 12, 2007 at 9:35am.
trendie is offline   Reply With Quote