Picking the RIGHT software

This is a discussion on Picking the RIGHT software within the First Steps forums, part of the Reception category; All too often people are completely flummoxed ( me included ) by the plethora of software on offer. All the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 28, 2006, 10:43am   #1

Joined Mar 2004
Picking the RIGHT software

All too often people are completely flummoxed ( me included ) by the plethora of software on offer. All the hype doesn't help much either.
Can one trust the comments made by others or maybe its the vendor secretly ramping his own product ?
How does one find a way through the maze without buying and then dumping if no good ?

Pat494 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2006, 11:04am   #2

Joined Aug 2004
Pat,

Tell us what you are looking for. Charting, analysis, execution software, signals, black-box trading system, etc.?

I guess you are looking for a black-box trading system? If so, I believe that www.futurestruth.com is a genuine attempt to independently evaluate trading systems.

HTH
c6
c6ackp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2006, 12:16pm   #3

Joined Aug 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494
All too often people are completely flummoxed ( me included ) by the plethora of software on offer. All the hype doesn't help much either.
Can one trust the comments made by others or maybe its the vendor secretly ramping his own product ?
How does one find a way through the maze without buying and then dumping if no good ?
Hi Pat,

I think it can be a difficult and daunting proocess for a newbie especially, but like anything in life when searching, be it a new bank, a car or a house, there will always be the neccessaty to research and experience trial and error through experience. There is no, IMO, easy straightforward answer to anything in life, especially trading, as that would be too simple.

Slightly in line with the recent ongoing debate re: vendors and imparitial honest advice/posts, due diligance in anything, is vital. I wouldn't do or buy anything based on one persons suggestion alone or a big glaring advert, and anyone who does (be it a trading course or software) deserves all they get. A fool and his money are easily parted or should not have got together in the first place, but I am leaning towards a subject I wish not to get involved in.

From experience alone, when I was looking for a new broker, I went through an array of steps in order to decide and they were to: run a couple of polls on the forums and listen to the posts also. I also spoke to members whom I, to the best of my knowledge through reading their previous posts, were most qualified and impartial to give the best advice. After which, I trawled the net and checked out other forums and found all I could on said broker, then, spoke intensively to the brokers themselves before opening an account. Now I have, I am still running the account with an open mind till I am satisfied and only then will I put my hard earned money into it.

Its a long drawn out process and hard work but, if there was a three step simple guide to achieving perfection in everything, it wouldn't be any good. As Socrates has said recently, the markets aren't a kindergarten and nothing is laid out on a silver platter.

Research and due diligance is required and I don't think a couple of posts on here can say yay or nay on anything, further work and analysis is required to decifer if what you are about to purchase is going to be best for you. Even then, like your next trade, nothing is guaranteed so always be careful.

Just my opinion
wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2006, 1:54pm   #4

Joined Mar 2004
Pat494 started this thread Thx c6ackp. My problem is that I am probably trying to find a profitable day trading system on the cheap. I.E. not paying Futurestruth $200 to have their opinion ( maybe they haven't sold out to some rich software vendor - that's how cynical I'm getting!)
Thx Wasp sensible advice
I thought I might tackle this prickly problem by putting an offer to the vendor; which goes something like this - I will do an unbiased 2 month daily journal on the prestigious T2W website of 60,000+ members using your system and mentioning your name as the vendor if you give me the software to do it with ( after understanding your system with your help )
How do think this will go down ???
I will post how I get on - censored probably LOL

Old Oct 28, 2006, 3:27pm   #5

Joined Apr 2004
Quote:
Thx c6ackp. My problem is that I am probably trying to find a profitable day trading system on the cheap. I.E. not paying Futurestruth $200 to have their opinion ( maybe they haven't sold out to some rich software vendor - that's how cynical I'm getting!)
Thx Wasp sensible advice
I thought I might tackle this prickly problem by putting an offer to the vendor; which goes something like this - I will do an unbiased 2 month daily journal on the prestigious T2W website of 60,000+ members using your system and mentioning your name as the vendor if you give me the software to do it with ( after understanding your system with your help )
How do think this will go down ???
I will post how I get on - censored probably LOL
..... ......
SOCRATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2006, 6:31pm   #6

Joined Mar 2004
Letter to Vendor ?

Pat494 started this thread Dear Sirs,
I am interested in finding and then using good trading software for the financial markets. There are so many companies offering their software these days that it is difficult to make an informed choice. The obvious course of buying and testing lots of software is an extremely expensive option. I think I can offer a better solution.
As a long standing member of the 2 most prestigious Financial websites, both having an excess of 60,000 members I would be prepared to download and use your software and with your help keep a daily journal on these sites for 2 months, thus giving you a HUGE amount of publicity.
However if you feel that this is too much of a challenge etc. for you or your software please e-mail me back and I will publish your letter on the current thread. If I haven't heard from you by this time next week I shall assume you or your software are unable to compete !
Thank you

I welcome comments and any suggestions before sending an e-mail like the above to a likely vendor. Hopefully someone else may wish to join in and get a free piece of software for their trouble ?? ( assuming any vendor will rise to the challenge !

Last edited by Pat494; Oct 28, 2006 at 6:56pm.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 6:44pm   #7

Joined Apr 2004
Quote:
Dear Sirs,
I am interested in finding and then using good trading software for the financial markets. There are so many companies offering their software these days that it is difficult to make an informed choice. The obvious course of buying and testing lots of software is an extremely expensive option. I think I can offer a better solution.
As a long standing member of the 2 most prestigious Financial websites, both having an excess of 60,000 members I would be prepared to download and use your software and with your help keep a daily journal on these sites for 2 months, thus giving you a HUGE amount of publicity.
However if you feel that this is too much of a challenge etc. for you or your software please e-mail me back and I will publish your letter on the current thread.
Thank you

I welcome comments and any suggestions before sending an e-mail like the above to a likely vendor. Hopefully someone else may wish to join in and get a free piece of software for their trouble ?? ( assuming any vendor will rise to the challenge !
....... ......
SOCRATES is offline   Reply With Quote