Bitcoin Going Nuts

This is a discussion on Bitcoin Going Nuts within the Cryptocurrencies forums, part of the Markets category; fyi The price of the cryptocurrency bitcoin surged on Wednesday to its highest in more than a year amid a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 5, 2015, 7:50am   #17

Joined May 2014
fyi

Quote:
The price of the cryptocurrency bitcoin surged on Wednesday to its highest in more than a year amid a wave of Chinese testimonials for a “social financial network” called MMM, which bears the hallmarks of a pyramid scheme.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/ee93bc2e-8...#ixzz3qb5wivtk
f2calv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:41am   #18
tar

Joined Nov 2006
Bitcoin is not user friendly at all ...
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:44am   #19
tar

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapidus View Post
I guess because bitcoin is nothing else then made up bull**** and worth nothing at all.
Does not have any real value behind.

Sorry
+1

A penny currency ...
Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:14am   #20
tar

Joined Nov 2006
Pyramid scheme 101

If everyone is hoarding in the hope to make a killing then its not a currency ! If everyone holding bitcoins keeps checking the price then its not a currency , but rather a pyramid scheme even if all humans got engaged in this scheme it doesn't make a difference its still a pyramid scheme .
Old Nov 5, 2015, 12:07pm   #21
Joined Oct 2008
Jason101 started this thread Not relevant to trading it.

Last edited by Jason101; Nov 5, 2015 at 11:56pm.
Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2015, 1:02pm   #22
Joined May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason101 View Post
Unless Lapidus's answer was inferring that the latest move was completely due to random movement.
Do you have other explanation?
Lapidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:55pm   #23
tar

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason101 View Post
Not relevant to trading to it.
When it comes to a pyramid scheme i wouldnt ask why .. same goes for penny stocks , i wouldnt ask why a penny stock surged 300% overnight cuz the answer is irrelevant ...
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:29am   #24
Joined Oct 2008
Jason101 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapidus View Post
Do you have other explanation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
When it comes to a pyramid scheme i wouldnt ask why .. same goes for penny stocks , i wouldnt ask why a penny stock surged 300% overnight cuz the answer is irrelevant ...
No, I haven't Lapidus, it was a genuine question, I have no clever answer. I think tar is on the right track here though.

My trading system has stayed the same for years now. Before I settled on my style I made sure it tested well on randomly generated charts.

So I lean towards the idea of reasons being irrelevant. But it is still damn interesting, why things take off. How much of it is random? How much of it is pyramiding in a thin market, or psychology? Just really interesting.

Because my trading is back tested on randomly generated charts I am particularly interested by something that is seemingly as arcane and aimless as bitcoin.
Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote