Edward Tate

This is a discussion on Edward Tate within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Has anyone any experience of dealing with Edward Tate? They are ostensibly based in Luxembourg....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 13, 2004, 7:39pm   #1

Joined May 2003
Edward Tate

Has anyone any experience of dealing with Edward Tate? They are ostensibly based in Luxembourg.
warregui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2004, 8:04pm   #2

Joined Aug 2003
Any relation to the Tates at Home Farm ?
Salty Gibbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2004, 10:26pm   #3

Joined Feb 2003
Give us a link and we'll let you know.
Old Jul 28, 2004, 7:06pm   #4

6 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
edward tate

Hi
I have had a guy on the phone pushing IPO'S the first two were in the States and made a big proffit he said the latest is www.newmilleniummedical.com I am being let in on ground floor etc, the eward-tate.com site is impressive, the float is on tomorrow /Friday do any of you people know anything about these as I am suspicious of phone deals that are to good to be true.
Doug.
dhughes0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2004, 7:33pm   #5

Joined May 2003
warregui started this thread Hi,
I would remain suspicious. These guys generally phone up full of hype about where this or that stock is heading. In reality most of these stocks turn out to be non performers.
If the guy is a regular broker surely he would have contacts whom he had dealt with in the past.
In the UK many IPO's slip back below their launch price anyway.
My advice stay clear
Old Aug 9, 2004, 9:13am   #6

3 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
New Millenium Medical - Edward Tate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhughes0
Hi
I have had a guy on the phone pushing IPO'S the first two were in the States and made a big proffit he said the latest is www.newmilleniummedical.com I am being let in on ground floor etc, the eward-tate.com site is impressive, the float is on tomorrow /Friday do any of you people know anything about these as I am suspicious of phone deals that are to good to be true.
Doug.
I had an unsolicited call from a guy called Steve Radley, said he was based at Edward Tate in Luxembourg, pushing this IPO. He gave me the same web site address, which provides no hard data on the organisation or its trading performance at all. He called back, as promised, later in the week when the financial information he had, apparently, been awaiting had arrived. I asked him a few questions which boiled down to "he would answer them verbally but would not send me any details about financial performance, status, current ownership or trading record". While I was telling him I do not buy into situations like this but would be happy to review the information I had requested, when it was sent to me, prior to deciding whether this investment was worth the risk he hung up mid conversation. Would you put your money in this guy's hands?
cwparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: MikeClapham
Old Aug 11, 2004, 8:42am   #7

Joined May 2003
warregui started this thread You were right in not doing business with them.
Old Aug 18, 2004, 5:12pm   #8

1 Posts
Joined Nov 2003
http://www.fsa.gov.uk/enforcement/ed...e_24June04.pdf
icarus is offline   Reply With Quote