Edward Tate

This is a discussion on Edward Tate within the Brokerages forums, part of the Commercial category; Has anyone else invested in NewMilliamMedical IPO shares, due to float Dec 04, through Ed Tate, or am I the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 21, 2004, 10:59pm   #33

5 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Has anyone else invested in NewMilliamMedical IPO shares, due to float Dec 04, through Ed Tate, or am I the only idiot out here.
God knows what the wife will say when I tell I've just lost her £4.5K from her Premium Bonds that she cashed in.
andy_astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2004, 12:07am   #34

5 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
As someone above said, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! If this is such a good deal, why wouldn't these salesmen simply tell their friends to buy as much as they can? Why would they need people like us?

The guy that tried to sell NMM to me was totally unable to come up with ANY financial info - apparently he could get some sort of financial statement, but in French. When I said I was fluent in French, he said he wasn't sure he could get anything after all. Bear in mind this is a PRE-IPO - there is no guarantee at all that they ever will float, and if they don't, you'll find it difficult to sell the shares at all, let alone at a profit. You only have their word for it that any float is in prospect, and they can't back up what they say with any demonstrable facts.

Personally, I smelled a rat and left it alone. I may regret it if they do make vast profits, but I will sleep more easily in the meantime.
sdrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2004, 11:43am   #35
Joined Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrane
As someone above said, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! If this is such a good deal, why wouldn't these salesmen simply tell their friends to buy as much as they can? Why would they need people like us?

The guy that tried to sell NMM to me was totally unable to come up with ANY financial info - apparently he could get some sort of financial statement, but in French. When I said I was fluent in French, he said he wasn't sure he could get anything after all. Bear in mind this is a PRE-IPO - there is no guarantee at all that they ever will float, and if they don't, you'll find it difficult to sell the shares at all, let alone at a profit. You only have their word for it that any float is in prospect, and they can't back up what they say with any demonstrable facts.

Personally, I smelled a rat and left it alone. I may regret it if they do make vast profits, but I will sleep more easily in the meantime.
I believe they made a value chart of the future sales where older nmbrs were included dating back to 2002-2003. If so they must have a history and SEC-filings should exist. Not hard to find out. I´ve checked a lot of companies the last 6-7 years and you can maybe find 10 companies in Europe worth your money. Stay out of this garbage.
maxpain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2004, 2:01pm   #36
Joined Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_astra
Has anyone else invested in NewMilliamMedical IPO shares, due to float Dec 04, through Ed Tate, or am I the only idiot out here.
God knows what the wife will say when I tell I've just lost her £4.5K from her Premium Bonds that she cashed in.
Andy, don't panic too much, £4,500 is not going to make you or the wife want to kill each other although you may well be forced to eat your dinner outside for the next year

Some people have lost £100's thousand with these kinds of boiler room brokers. Just learn from your mistake and NEVER buy from another broker that either cold calls you or is not registered with the FSA.

I don't know anything about the company you bought but perhaps there's a good chance of getting a fair share of your investment back. Search around on the web because there's likely to be many people like yourself that are talking on message boards about what to do etc.

Good luck.
anley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2004, 3:46pm   #37
dga

5 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Where are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warregui
I am still trying to find out the TRUE ADDRESS that ET operate from. They have a phone number and fax no. both which appear on their website. These numbers are located in the UK (most likely in the Greater LOndon Area) if anyone can provide further details I will pass them to my solicitor.
Kensington Price (who seem to be connected with Tate) got Charterhouse International to send me a contract note before I told them to go away. As you say their "European Centre" has a UK nomber 0870 7301373. For what it is worth the note has an address at the bottom:
Edith I Solomon Building,
PO Box 696
Main St
Charlestown
Nevis WI
www.charterhousesec.com

I just hope it will come right in the end for those who have invested. Not me, however.
dga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2004, 4:38pm   #38

3 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
I still think it would be worthwhile trying to find out where ET got our numbers.I have mentioned Millenium Financial also City Eqiuities , SKY capitol , Halifax any of with these ?
lewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2004, 5:06pm   #39
Joined Jul 2004
Hello All

I have been posting on the Datacept thread ref problems with ET as that is the supposed company that i invested in through ET. Think you should find this thread interesting for companies to stay well clear off http://www.vcresearch.info/open/foru...395&ForumId=86
Have been in contact with the President of VRI and bar asking for your money back from ET or the company you have shares in all you can do is report them to the SEC / authorities

Hope this helps and will keep you posted of any new developments

Maybe a pooled funds from all investors who have had dealings with ET should be formed to find the perpitrators at ET then bring back public hangings!!!!

Not bitter of course
maddisong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2004, 9:26pm   #40

8 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_astra

I have also invested in New Millenium Medical. I did receive my share certifcates about 2 weeks ago. It looked pretty genuine, but you can never tell. I was also told they were due to float in December, but when I emailed NMM, they told me they were looking to float in February.
jasoncrussell is offline   Reply With Quote