Zendas Picks Fx & FTSE350

Zenda said:
Please let me know if this will be a usefull post (a) Monthly or (b) weekly - :cool:
What would be more useful would be some idea of the criteria used for the selections, rather than just a list of names ;)

Zenda said:
Please let me know if this will be a usefull post (a) Monthly or (b) weekly
This will be a usefullll post every 20 years or so. See you in 2026!

Zenda said:
I use a automated system which uses the criteria on one of my trading systems Tom cat - I do not wish to divulge the settings - but I am quite willing to publish to T2W occasional results as above if found to be useful - you should enter the EPICS and study the charts for yourself. My trading system (Tomcat) was designed to compete with Goldline and other trading systems such as Intelli250 which are marketed at the £4,000 to £5,000 range ( incidently mine is a wacking great £49.50 and includes free advance software and free EOD data)

As I said if you find this useful OK if not I will remove - You can see clearly that I am a vendor.
No need to be so defensive! Just an idea of what your trading system is based on would be helpful, that's all.

Sorry Zenda if this comes across as negative but as I am sure you are aware, lists of tips are little enough use at the best of times, but when they come with absolutely no indication of rationale, entry, timeframe, stop level, position size, target or anything else that would make them in the least bit tradeable then they come across as purely an advert and nothing more. They cannot be traded and they also cannot be monitored and validated for effectiveness and profitability.

Just because tomcat is "designed to compete" with systems costing more does nothing to prove that it has been successfully designed to compete with anything at all.

If you were to properly record and audit your trades and maintain results list then it would be a very popular thread, and useful to somebody in the market for a predesigned system. As you are offering the system with free eod data. Why not specify the entry instructions with each trade call before market open. Similarly post any exit instructions before market open. Next day you can report the result of the entries and exits following your criteria (whether filled or not and at what price). People will then be able to monitor the effectiveness of the system without you divulging the rules. If it makes a paper profit on that basis for a couple of months you will be able to sell loads of copies and for much more than fifty quid. It would also silence the critics.

Otherwise its just another advertisement, and why would that be useful to anyone?

Best Regards

Gareth

Zenda said:
Sorry Jack but everytime I post on T2W some people attack me - its sad but it happens to many people not just me so we don't post often - as you can see above some make stupid posts and comments sad but thats what happens- Zenda

Sorry but I cant let that this one pass without comment. A vendor claiming that the readership of T2W are stupid.

You may well consider me stupid but personally I feel that posting information of this nature is of no value whatsoever, other than giving you additional exposure. You may feel I and others are stupid and being unduly harsh, however you are a vendor and as such can only be expected to be treated as a vendor, and that treatment will generally involve a degree of healthy scepticism (which you of course classify as stupidity)

Call me stupid if you like but it’s customary if making calls around here to at least give some indication of stops and targets rather than a hazy statement such as “I’m bullish Euro”. It helps to know if you’re bullish over the next hour, today, this week, next month next year, next millennium.

Heavens knows, if these signals have been generated from a “system” as you claim surely that “system” address such fundamental issues as entries, stops and targets. Maybe its me just being stupid again, maybe stops arnt important, maybe the concept of risk reward isnt important.

I have my suspicions why these details aren’t provided, others must draw there own conclusions why information of this nature is rarely provided from system vendors. Zenda no doubt would consider me stupid to ask for such irrelevant details.

I’m sure it’s a question that’s been postulated previously, but I’ll take this opportunity to ask it once again.

You are a vendor; you make at least a part of your living from providing training and selling systems. I would have thought that the most effective method of advertising those services, was a demonstration of your trading ability or your systems performance, and that’s very easily achieved, simply post some calls live on this forum for a period of 3 months.

It seams such a simple, cheap and effective method of promotion that I’m not sure why a vendor wouldn’t promote their services in this way. Perhaps any vendors reading this could enlighten the general readership as to why this method is rarely used.

The fact that your system costs 1% of other systems that are known not to work is completely irrelevant. I would say that this only demonstrates your inability to compete in marketing your product.

I have no problem with you advertising your services, but at least do it with some degree of integrity and professionalism. No doubt my post will be considered stupid, and the issues raised of absolutely no importance. However as long as vendors continue to spam with materials that the readership of this forum consider stupid, hopefully they'll continue to recieve the critisism they deserve.

regards
zup

Zenda said:
as you can see above some make stupid posts and comments sad but thats what happens- Zenda

It's called taking the p1ss my hapless friend. I do it because it helps shunt you onto the next stage in that characteristic arc followed rigorously by all you humourless vendor types and wannabe gurus on the 'net, which goes a little something like this :

1) Post some self-serving nonsense.
2) Come up against a certain amount of resistance, in the form of questioning, mickey-taking, whatever.
3) Tragically bereft of both wit and wisdom and therefore unable to defend your position in any reasonable manner, you throw a big wobbler and "leave" the website.
4) Return a short while later having realised that, as you could not trade your way out of a paper bag, you'd better foist some tat on gullible newbies in order to pay the bills.
5) Back to stage 1!

! A LAKE - just watch some wally make a silly comment!

Attachments

• 037 lake.JPG
    037 lake.JPG
    674.1 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Zenda said:
Your right Mr Charts why bother! A view of the Lake where I live in France ! - Zenda

Seriously now what exactly has a picture of the view from your house in France got to do with any of the points made in this thread?

Spam Man pretty much nailed the reason why you bother, now either defend yourself and engage in debate or spam elsewhere

regards
zup

Zenda - how on earth does the way you've reacted on this thread (particularly the post-event deletions) make your service look at all professional?

Getting into a 'my toys are bigger/better than yours' p1ssing war proves what, exactly?

Does having a nice view from your flat in France show:

a) that you're a good trader
b) that you're good at parting newbie traders from their money for your courses and software
c) that you actually make money from property investing rather than the markets; or
d) none of the above?

For the record, my initial posts on this thread were genuine. The fact that you didn't answer the question I asked is interesting. The fact that you quickly decend into a slagging match is also interesting (I'm guessing that you've never worked on a trading floor if you consider anything written above as unpleasant and are so quick to take offence).

I'm not above subscribing to 'guru' services - there are some genuine ones out there that are a useful foil/check for my own views on the markets I trade. I can at least quickly now cross you from the list, so thanks for that anyway.

Zenda said:
! A LAKE - just watch some wally make a silly comment!

Ahhh, memories.
I used to live in a cardboard box under that lake, and had to eat gravel, and then work 25 hours a day before I learned to trade.
And people dont believe me when I say that.
Kids - they dont know they're born.

Seriously, Zenda, welcome back after the last furore, which was one of the most humour-filled threads for quite a while.

Anyway, as has already been said, you do need to be a bit more resilient in this knock-a-bout business.
Being chided in mere forum words is nothing compared to taking a 4-figure hit every now and then. Its part of the game.

Hope you re-instate your charts and plough on with your ideas.

But please bear in mind, you are competing with the likes of Chartman, (who after a long absence, has started to post again), and wasp, who freely offers ideas. Also mr-cassandra.
and Mr Black. And mr-marcus.
Thats the kind of calibre of traders and help you are up against.

When a man tires of the plentiful lake out front, he need only dig a hole in his backyard deep enough to drain it.

Last edited:
Zenda

I must say I was highly amused by the reason cited for removing the inane drivel written in your first post.

I would suggest that you actually removed this material due to the complete opposite reason than the one cited. It wasn’t removed due to due to morons posting at all; it was removed due to a lack of morons stupid enough to fall for this rather ineffective means of promoting your services.

The subsequent edits to your posts reveal a great deal about your professionalism, and integrity. Any half decent vendor would be defending their position; you simply throw your toys out of the pram and refuse to engage in debate. You have a golden opportunity here, clarify the calls you made, substantiate your analysis and let’s see how it plays out.

If you refuse to participate then I really do hope that you actually now believe that “its pointless posting anything here” and cease doing so from now onwards.

However I suspect as always you’ll be back, with nothing new to say, peddling the same old b*ll*cks

No one has been rude to you, or impolite, or insulting. You’ve been asked a series of simple questions about your services which you wont answer. I’m sure people will draw the relevant conclusions for themselves as to the reasons for this.

In my humble opinion anyone making ridiculous ambiguous calls of this nature should recieve a ban in the very least, probably a permenant ban in the case of a vendor. You really should be ashamed

regards
zup

Zenda,

That is absolutely pathetic. You posted an advert and got a mixture of pretty polite suggestions in direct response to your question "Is this useful?" and some very gentle teasing. Now the toys are out of the pram again.

All you've achieved is to absolutely prove Spam Man's 5 point lifecycle of vendor posting. The only thing he missed out is the obligatory "It's your loss not mine" tone, as if certain posters are depriving the rest of the community of some incredibly useful trading advice and insight.

Expect to see you again in another two months with a return to stage 1.

Oh Dear . . .

Zenda,
I saw your thread earlier in the day and was interested in it because a couple of the stocks that you 'tipped' are on my current watchlist - PFC springs to mind - I don't recall the other. I've just returned from a monthly SIGNet* meeting at which I mentioned you to my fellow members and told them that I believed you to be one of the better vendors on the trading scene and that your thread might be of interest to them, as they tend to focus on FTSE 350 stocks. Upon my return from the meeting, I logged onto the thread to offer my own comments on your stock selection and to see if you'd responded to the questions put to you. While I had some sympathy with you re. the demise of your previous thread about spam merchants, I'm afraid I'm really struggling to sympathise with you on this one as the comments made and questions asked seem reasonable enough to me. Okay, there's a little ribbing, but nothing really malicious. Moreover, I feel rather silly having recommended your thread to fellow traders / investors at tonight's SIGNet meeting. Your actions will, understandably, cause them to 'raise an eyebrow' at any recommendations I make in the future.

In light of the above, I urge you to restore your deleted posts and answer the very reasonable (and utterly predictable) questions put to you.
Kind regards,
Tim.

(*For anyone who isn't familiar with SIGNet and is interested, here's a link: www.signet.org.uk )

too right. the markets are far more brutal than this forum community (even when RudeBoy & Bulldozer were around!).

As a vendor and (apparently) trader, you'd think Zenda would have a teeny bit more of a thicker skin than to stop himself out of this thread after just one page of pretty good natured & easily anticipated questions and/or ribbing.