Zen Futures

Shamu

Hi All,

Does anybody know anything about the Zen Futures training program? Specifically, what the logistical arrangements are, i.e. duration, do you get fully financed if you make it, any pay while you're busy?

I'd be much obliged for any info.

Cheers!

PS - Got any salient thoughts on the cable outlook for the next few weeks? Close and take a hit now, or hang on to last Friday's long position for a few weeks?

I think they offer a 4 year contract and you do get a salary.

Thanks for the info.

Hmmm, 4 years is quite a long time to lock yourself in to something. Still, if it's worth it... You don't happen to know anything specific about the training program, though?

what they are doing is new even to them - so you aint gonna find anything about their history - but the training side is new - but they are not - they are real traders looking to change the way they operate - so if you have even the slightest chance of joining them - i would eat whatever **** you "think" they are putting in front of you - in reality they are handing you the biggest opportunity you could get in life - i guess apart from marrying a billionaire supermodel!

stevet said:
what they are doing is new even to them - so you aint gonna find anything about their history - but the training side is new - but they are not - they are real traders looking to change the way they operate - so if you have even the slightest chance of joining them - i would eat whatever **** you "think" they are putting in front of you - in reality they are handing you the biggest opportunity you could get in life - i guess apart from marrying a billionaire supermodel!

Sounds good. And I'm not even talking about the supermodel!

(How's about Roman Abramovich adopting Anna Kournikova and forcing her to marry me?)

yep - i think you are getting the basics of trading together nicely!

Roman's bird is not bad - how about you have an affair with him and i will pick up on his wife!

stevet said:
yep - i think you are getting the basics of trading together nicely!

Roman's bird is not bad - how about you have an affair with him and i will pick up on his wife!

How are you going to pick his wife up when she is lying naked in my bed!!!!!!!

after she's had to deal with you and Roman - i am a slam dunk for making it with her - as she'd never be naked in my bed - she'd be wearing me!

Zen Info

Hi Stevet,

Excuse me for butting into your conversation. However, I was wondering what else you know about Zen? Would you happen to know, broadly, what type of strategies they employ and in which markets? What kind of reputation does (Zen Co), Shaw and Wakefield have in the business – although the firm has been operating for years now it’s proving very difficult to source any information on them.

Any comments/info you may be able to provide me with is greatly appreciated.

Rgds.

Ras

stevet said:

Ras1974

just call them, though they might want to know why you want to know

Thanks guys!

I'm a nosy bugger basically - but considering writing a spec application - and but do not want to do so blindly.

I would say that it is a great place to start. Definitely send an application. I think they just took some new people on, not sure if they are still recruiting.

twalker said:
I would say that it is a great place to start. Definitely send an application. I think they just took some new people on, not sure if they are still recruiting.

twalker - you seem quite knowledgeable about their business. Compared to for example the other "arcades", do you think Zen is possibly superior? Your comments would be appreciated more than you might realize!

I cannot comment about all the arcades in London as I only know the directors of two of them but I do know traders working in several different places, mainly self funded, and I see quite a difference between what I hear about each place.
If I were starting out and wanted funding I believe Zen would certainly be one of my best options. I base this on knowing the people that run the business.
Not sure what you mean by "superior", certainly Zen will offer full training and support to ensure you have the best chance to succeed. This is something that not all arcades will do but ultimately success in this business is very much up to the individual and involves more hard work than you imagine and also overcoming many personal doubts along the way.
All any of the arcades offer, in varying degrees, is the knowledge and funding to help you find the way yourself.

Hi,

I know this thread was started a long time ago, but i have recently been offered a position with zen futures. was wondering if you have any more info on them?

also i have been offered a position with city credit capital, a new firm. does anyone know about them?

it would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Last edited:
Nothing to add. I suggest you take them up on the offer if trading is what you have decided you want to do.

I worked for them very good guys the owners - Wakefield and Shaw. Though there are two companies Zen Futures and Zen Derivatives.

I understand that zen futures and zen derivatives are 2 totally seperate outfits....not sure where I heard that !