Yellowlion's EURUSD Trading Journal

Thanks mate.
I had already closed my EURUSD buy trade yesterday:

Brendan's in the zone. He also called AUDUSD today for 68 pips.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

And a Happy November to you too Gus. Beautiful Hunter's Moon this year seemed to stay full an extra day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

And Good morning All,

Well I've been lollygagging around these markets. Nothing looks especially interesting to me. I would like to see EURUSD higher and I think I will. Some extra logistical stuff the beginning of this month has me preoccupied for 1 more day.

Went on the hunt for scalps for a couple hours during mid-US at the coffee shop and again early/ mid-Asia for a grand total of 2 pips.

We're a little overbought short-term but we may be able to extend things a bit. I'm really not interested in what's being offered right now.

Catch you later.....

Good Morning All and Happy Friday,

Running through the charts this morning has me still in waiting mode.

The Buck Index could come to life if it wanted to. There's some questionable data on the 3rd but ICE is sticking to it.

Crude Oil looks poised to shed 5 bucks.

Gold is telling me a cookie is gonna cost 5 bucks.

10yr US Treasury traders no longer have to buck the Fed.

And Wall Street looks to swindle some bucks.

I am interested in shorting the market and the itch is returning but not yet. I've got a nibble order in.

Later Buckaroos....

Good Morning All,

Hope everyone had a splendid weekend.

The markets currently are somewhat unclear. The uptrend in equities and commodities is still in place but the near-term patterns are ambiguous.

The week has opened in favor of the trend with EURUSD firming above near support levels and looking bullish. The 4hr chart is trying to break out of a consolidation box with a breakout target of .5010. .5250-.5350 is a possibility in the near future.

Tough to gauge right now.

Good Morning All,

Just closed the nibble +41. Will wait for a better opportunity.

I'm starting testing and content suggestions for the Lion's Den today. I'm looking for a limited number of EURUSD traders to participate. If you're interested...email me from this site or send me a private message.

Dxy

Dollar Index making a new low DXY.11.10.09.png

Have tried to attach a chart.

Dollar Index making a new lowView attachment 68096

Have tried to attach a chart.

Hi Gus,

The charts came out fine. I'm not brushed up on the sequential rules so I'll leave that to you. There's a private message for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Good Morning All,

Yup, new low in the dollar index and a new high in gold. We'll see if the S&P wants to join in. 1113/35 could be a good shorting zone.

EURUSD is stuck at 1.50. BrendanTTA heard of some bank selling and I believe it because when the selling repeatedly came in at 1.50 or so London yesterday, the pressure was heavy. It looked to me like an intervention but Brendan heard of a bank moving volume.

The point to watch here is there was plenty of support to keep EURUSD at or near 1.50. and when that pressure subsides, (if it isn't over already) we will most likely get higher if risk remains in favor.

I still call EURUSD 1.5250 - .5350 as a genuine possibility. That would put the S&P's near resistance as well. I have no interest right here although there is a chance to get short and win in a coup. The risk is ok if there's fun money to give it a try.

Still looking for help testing the Lion's Den if any EURUSD traders want to get on board.
email or private message me from here if you wish to participate.

Here we have a chart of 4am last night on DXY dollar index where the hour bar made a Tom DeMark Combo count of 13, that's his magic number and in this case it did mark the bottom. Only posting the chart to illustrate the power of bar counting.

All my best wishes!

Attachments

• DXY.60min.png
    DXY.60min.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 173
Here we have a chart of 4am last night on DXY dollar index where the hour bar made a Tom DeMark Combo count of 13, that's his magic number and in this case it did mark the bottom. Only posting the chart to illustrate the power of bar counting.

All my best wishes!

Nice Gus,

I've always been in awe at Tom DeMark's ability to discover patterns like that. He's really a Master Technician.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Looks like a possible head and shoulders on the hourly. Neckline is being tested right now. Still holding above the previous low. .4920 is a target on a break.

All my best wishes!

thats interesting, i use a method of counting pivots, but using a 21 count (13 and 21 both being fibs obviously)...not always accurate, but definitely more hits than misses.

it was shown to me by a member on here called HWSteele. very knowledgeable chap :)

Good Morning All,

Well 1.50 held and we are in the process of getting impulsively lower. EURUSD is currently supported by 4 hr moving average support and is working off an oversold condition which could take price to .4900/50. That zone could play as a short to .4750.

Good Morning All,

Hope everyone had a pleasant weekend.

What I'm looking at this morning is the first lower high printed in EURUSD since August. The pair has been experiencing intermediate resistance @ .4990 which could direct price towards .4670 before mounting an effort to .5351. Keep an eye on 1.50 resistance for clues.

those HiDef Leone/Eastwood films are on youTube 'till 11/30.

Last edited:
Got an isolated feeling. Like nobody's here. Short 1 @ .4990. Looks like I'll start right here.

Got an isolated feeling. Like nobody's here. Short 1 @ .4990. Looks like I'll start right here.

Yup, I've no idea why I'm here.............but when the dog wanted out I had to LOOK.

Lots to support a short, but I'm waiting a bit and may miss it.

Yup, I've no idea why I'm here.............but when the dog wanted out I had to LOOK.

Lots to support a short, but I'm waiting a bit and may miss it.

Just got up to do some Den testing. Closed +24. I'll wait a bit too...

Good Morning All,

Bernanke...shmernanke...or so says the market. .5250 - .5350 remains on the table but lower highs currently prevail. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we got a horizontal triangle developing here that could take a couple good weeks to complete. That would be the harbinger for a final upward move.

If I had to pick a near term bias it would be down.

Good Morning All,

Well if you're trading the 5 day range of 1.50 - 1.48 you may want to enter on a pullback of the current bounce off .4807. If you think EURUSD will head towards the last swing low at .4625 there's support at .4750 and .4690.

I'm not interested in anything right here.

Good Morning All,

Well if you're trading the 5 day range of 1.50 - 1.48 you may want to enter on a pullback of the current bounce off .4807. If you think EURUSD will head towards the last swing low at .4625 there's support at .4750 and .4690.

I'm not interested in anything right here.

At current level, I would want to be a buyer.