Yellowlion's EURUSD Trading Journal

Going out on a limb a bit here but there could be some Central Bank activity starting on the long dollar side.

Short a nibble at .4826.

Yellowlion, as I post this the 240 min bar which ends in 3hours will post a DeMark combo #13 (if it closes higher) and the 1hour bar may post a sequential #13 (if higher of course) in 2 hours, while the daily is on bar 8 now (10/14 trading) - bar 7.8.or 9 are often the high/low.............so perhaps I shall enter a short soon

OK, it won't happen on the timetable expressed above, but I am still watching to see how this plays out if at all.

Last edited:
10/14/09 03:15 gmt

Good Morning All,

Thanks for the kind words from those who have posted here. Hope the thread helps a little.

Going out on a limb a bit here but there could be some Central Bank activity starting on the long dollar side.

Short a nibble at .4826.

Or maybe not. I have a sneaking suspicion they're lurking nearby.
Another nibble at .4883.

10/14/09 15:30 gmt

Hi All,

Boorriinng.

Had another order at .4922 the market got in front of by 2 pips.

The bulls refuse to give any ground.

Nice rainy day outside. Coffee up!

10/14/18:11 gmt

Short a nibble at .4826.

Another nibble at .4883.

Uno Mas at .4927

Short a nibble at .4826.

Another nibble at .4883.

Uno Mas at .4927

Closed .4927 at b/e with the .4883 entry so position is now:

1 @ .4826 and 1@ .4903

Closed .4927 at b/e with the .4883 entry so position is now:

1 @ .4826 and 1@ .4903

yellowlion - the bar counts didn't work last night, duh - lost about 20pips myself - ugh. Thursday the 15th will be bar 9 on EURUSD.

It's dern kool out and rain for several day's in the forecast. Had an excellent view of a red tail hawk perched in a tree near the house. The crows got after him, before he made a meal out of one of the little birds.

10/15/09 04:30 gmt

Good Morning All,

Not much overtime. With the rain, there's just no sun to call me outdoors. So I get a little more work done.

Next opportunity is just around the corner Gus. Crows. The Crow Crew I call 'em. Delinquents they all be - to the last feather. They've a soft spot in my heart they do. My weekly planner is "Songbirds." Right page planner, left page photo. From browntrout.com. This week is the "Painted Redstart."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Well 1.50 is in the sights. Looks like they'll make it today.

I'm still with just those two lots but I'll be looking to take on a bit more risk into today if we get higher. When you are building into the fear or into the froth you have to expect to take heat. I've got my risk defined and stops are in place. It will smart a bit if I get taken out, but the next opportunity is right around the corner. Actually I'm gonna make a nice month on this trade.

10/15/09 15:30 gmt

Hi All,

Watching the London open last night things were really quiet and we were into .4960, 63, 66 and my instincts are saying "better take one, better take one, better take one" and my analysis is saying....there's no reason to take one here....wait for your levels...

Well my instincts were right and I missed out on 100 pips. There was no right or wrong there. Sometimes the instinctive feel needs to be listened to and other times we need to stick to our method rules. Overall I would lean toward sticking to the method rules until a true instinctive feel is developed and even then - used only on occasion.

So no change in position. I got a good 8 hours sleep and I have a few orders above with a defined stop loss.

The weather has cleared, I'm going for a bike ride along the beach.

10/16/09 04:15 gmt

Good Morning All and Happy Friday,

Well.....nothing much to say is there. Missed yesterday's top for 100 pips and here we are again. Back where we started. Nothing has changed on my end.

To pass the time and keep things honest, Cheech and Chong is queued in the DVD.

happyend

I'll post any trade entries (unless I'm sleeping) and see you in the US morning.

10/18/09 02:00 gmt

Morning All,

Closed the adjusted .4903 order at .4850 for +53. Deleted all pending orders. One open order left at 4826.

Doing an analysis. I still like the short side but with less risk untl I know what's new and improved.

See you at the London open.

Morning All,

Closed the adjusted .4903 order at .4850 for +53. Deleted all pending orders. One open order left at 4826.

Doing an analysis. I still like the short side but with less risk untl I know what's new and improved.

Looks like a good chance of a down Monday and also maybe a down week.
Rained several days but Sunday was very nice.

Morning All,

Doing an analysis. I still like the short side but with less risk until I know what's new and improved.
Looks like a good chance of a down Monday and also maybe a down week.
Rained several days but Sunday was very nice.

I watched the Yankee game Friday night. It looked downright cold in the NE. Glad things cleared out for you. Have a good Monday.

Good Morning All,

Hope everyone had a fine weekend.

Well I scrolled through the charts (DX, CL, GC, TY, ES, EURUSD, Rates, COT) adjusted a few things and came up with "nothing remarkable". Crude is approaching decent resistance 78.87/ 79.45. Gold is overbought. Detrended ES is off the hook.

EURUSD is in corrective mode.

"So tell me something I don't already know", he says.

Ummmm...:rolleyes:

Well I'm going to stick with my one open position for the time being. I like to "unrealize" my profits from closed trades in the same position and transfer them to any open ones that may be left. So the short position carries a $0 balance with 1 open short 'entered' at .4877.

See you in the US morning.

Yellowlion - DX dollar index - do you think this has this made a daily bottom?

10/19/09 16:00 gmt

Yellowlion - DX dollar index - do you think this has this made a daily bottom?

75.05 / 74.94 is a good support level. We haven't got there yet.

Nothing new on my end. looking for shorting opportunities above 1.50 to 1.53 and , like Gus, watching DX for clues. Gotta be able to give it plenty of room to operate successfully in the froth right now.

Central banks can intervene at any time also so a small position now is ok if you can take the heat.

10/20/09 1:55 gmt

Sell 1 @ .4986

Current position:
sell 1 @ .4877
sell 1 @ .4986

10/20/09 15:45 gmt

Hi All,

T/P realized on the .4986 entry @ 4886 +100

1 entry open at .4877.

Nothing else really to update. Looking for shorting opportunities above 1.50.

Hi All,

T/P realized on the .4986 entry @ 4886 +100

1 entry open at .4877.

Nothing else really to update. Looking for shorting opportunities above 1.50.

Yellowlion, Excellent entry on the 4986 and also an excellent exit. And thanks for posting in nearly real time. :clap:

Short 4931 witha short leash.

Out 4908..........night.

Last edited: