Yellowlion's EURUSD Trading Journal

Good Morning All,

Well the correction to 5040 suggested last night was achieved with a low printed at 5031. EURUSD has since completed an impulse higher printing an Asian session high of 5095. The current correction of the impulse could end anywhere from 5078/42. I favor 5060 as a logical end to the correcton followed by a test of the 5116 high.

However, although we can anticipate another move higher, until the previous high of .5109 is broken, we must consider the correction off .5116 still in play and trade any longs with the appropriate risk management.

A break of the low at .5031 could find support prior to 1.5000. Below that turns the picture in favor of dollar bulls.

Good Morning All,

Tired tonight and with NFP in the morning I'm gonna get some sleep and get up for the report....

EURUSD break of 5116 up to test the yearly high and failing to get through printing 2 pips lower.

The pattern suggests dollar strength to .4800.

It's starting to look tired folks. Or maybe it's just me...

See you in the pre-dawn US morning.

Good Morning All,

...The pattern suggests dollar strength to .4800.

I didn't mean in 1 day. Jeez Louise.

Working with a trader from Singapore in the Trader Success Program, we were looking at possibilities for a strategy he is interested in developing. Well a set-up happened with his parameters so I took a long entry while we were trading together. Way too high but just as an example.

That entry failed but I was confident in the support levels I had 50 pips lower so we had a little fun and I just averaged into the remaining weakness. Picked the last one up at 4725A. I set targets to close each at the previous entry and I chickened out on the last target today so I took +45 for the trade.

One of the ideas I was trying to convey while we were getting long into the selling were:

Never trade with money you can't afford to lose. The money cannot be important. I find that if I make the money at all important, it gets in the way of my trading and I lose money. We had fun getting long into pretty strong selling because

a) I have confidence in a well defined method with a proven track record.
b) The money risked didn't matter and I had logical s/l levels defined so I knew the probabilities were high that it wouldn't get out of hand.

If I was focused on the money risked or on the anticipated profit as something I needed to pay my rent or something else, I may have had a very difficult time entering and may not have made 45 pips on this trade. Sure there are very experienced and disciplined traders who have worked through the psychological and emotional issues of trading with necessary money, but I just find it easier to earn a living with money that is not important.

I suggest to my students..."Fear of losing money will most likely cause you to lose money"...If you make the money the focus...and it becomes the least bit important...you increase the odds that you will lose the money. If the money doesn't matter and you have your risk defined, are entirely willing to lose what you risk, and are not asking anything from the market...you increase the odds greatly in your favor of getting stinking rich - trade by trade.

This 'focus on the money instead of the trade' malady can pop up at any time and cause problems. (hence the chickening out of the last target - which by the way - was subsequently hit).The money all of a sudden became important and I made less than I could have.

This 'money not important' idea - a very helpful one for me - is a goal I recommend traders in the program set for themselves...on the way to our goal we will fall short of our chosen ideal time and time again....making progress towards the goal as we go. Trading is very much a journey of self-discovery and overcoming weaknesses not so much in our trading method...but in ourselves.

Everyone is eligible for a backslide even periods of backslipping. But if we keep the goal in sight, trade with money we can afford to lose, and don't expect anything from the market in return, we get a little closer to it with each trade.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

So are we going to have a 1.4800 - 1.5150 range in EURUSD for the forseeable future? I think it's a decent possibility.

I have a very difficult time believing that correcting the excess in the market now is something the powers that be want to happen. After all that effort and expense to generate momentum, to risk derailing the consumer during the biggest consumer event of the year would kinda be like shooting oneself in the foot don't you think?

The market may want to correct, but I think they may wait on that one.

So let's look for the range to continue here let's say 1.4800 - 1.5150...lower bound 4750.

Last edited:
I didn't mean in 1 day. Jeez Louise.

So let's look for the range to continue here let's say 1.4800 - 1.5150...lower bound 4750.

Good Morning All,

Well we bounced off the lower bound @ 4756 and initially things set up pretty nice - looking like we may have the bottom of the range. However, the pattern off the low has developed as a chop higher and does not look too promising at this point.

I would expect that we can at least retrace 50% of the move off .5141 before heading lower but it looks like we may need to put in one more low before correcting upward. If this is so, I would look for .4680 on EURUSD with an upper bound at .4740.

Where we would go from there is unclear at this point. But for now...the low @ 4756 holds and bids could come in at any time...

...it looks like we may need to put in one more low before correcting upward. If this is so, I would look for .4680 on EURUSD with an upper bound at .4740.

Where we would go from there is unclear at this point

We did put another low in .4668 and where we go from here could be 4550. Just finished updating my analysis and we can get even lower from here. I like having eager students in the program...they keep me on my toes. If EURUSD is so inclined there's room for another leg down.

Good Morning All,

Technical crosscurrents make for tricky conditions in EURUSD this morning.

Yesterday morning, the shorter term had a pattern suggesting another leg down to 4550 but the intermediate term had an oversold condition and a pattern that could suggest completion at the current 4668 low.

Subsequent action throughout yesterday had both camps vying for domination with a stalemate the result.

This morning, the short term pattern now looks somewhat bullish and the intermediate term looks like it needs one more low...

Sheesh....

Upside looks to 4900 - 5000
Downside looks to 4625/00 as initial support.

Good Morning All and Happy Friday,

1211091hr

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

And a Happy Friday to you also Lion.

Gus!,

Good to hear from you. Hope you are enjoying the holiday season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Good Morning All,

Well we made 4600 on Friday and now the question is.....where to next?

In Sunday's group strategy session we determined there was enough support around the low to warrant a bounce. Asia has confirmed this, taking EURUSD to our first target at 4668.

We have another higher resistance level at .4725 and interest in a technical time event at 11:00 GMT.

The pattern off the 5143 high looks incomplete but after the initial impulse lower, and the 4600 call on Friday..analysis has become a bit trickier.

We are looking to see what occurs at these two resistance levels to try to gauge EURUSD strength here at the beginning of the week.

There is a target at 4500 that may bring the pattern into congruency...

currently this is a wait and see point for me...

Good Morning All,

EURUSD analysis for today :sleep: most likely to :sleep: however if :whistling then :rolleyes:

Instinct has me itchin' to get long into this quiet but with 178% in the bank going into the end of my Q3. I'm not playing it.

The overall landscape suggests 4500.

Still in wait and see mode...

Hello Yellowlion, I have been reading your posts and I see I have much to learn from it. I would like to join in your discussion from time to time if that is ok?

... I would like to join in your discussion from time to time if that is ok?

Hi Bandit...glad you are finding the thread helpful. You can contact me by clicking my name above the avatar. I would be happy to discuss what you are trying to accomplish and whether the group may be able to help with your goals.

Good Morning All,

Well 4503 was the low. glad I didn't listen to my instincts...that time anyway.

I took a 4511 entry as soon as price came into the level. After watching it for a bit, it just didn't look all that enthusiastic so I took the spread and decided to wait for the expected lower entry. Fortunately for the Singapore student in the group, he saw my error and got in and stayed put. So he made money (while at the same time reciting some of the psychology I had taught him about trading the method) and I'm still waiting for the shakeout low that I'm sure is coming....:rolleyes:

So anyway...the pattern off 5141 looks much more holistic now and we could have very well put in a low. There's nice symmetry but I still think a shakeout of some of the initial entries is possible with a lower low in the upper 4400's and if there's residual sellers around even the lower 4400's could occur. It would appear however, that a correction is not too far off.

hi All,

Well i'm still in this thing. Just woke up from a quick 6. It set up pretty nice around .4330...20 pips in front of another entry I had placed though. No worries. We will stick with it.

Easy to take a little heat when you are sleeping....

hi All,

Just a trade update. took a long 13 pips in front of the low and closed it + 31.

The bounce off 4303 was well supported but failed to break the previous swing high. I may re-enter on a pullback.

So trying to stay low risk while managing the initial 4438 entry.

With +67 in the bank on lower entries, the trade now breaks even at 4371.

We'll stick with it...look for a lower re-entry for another lot.

Sidebar -> I'm considering switching the thread to another forum. It just is getting too weird around here. Not good for outside references who may be interested in my trading/analysis journal.