Worldspreads upgraded!

MarvinS said:
We are in the process of allowing clients to gear up more than the typical 150* stake! I agree 100% that with a trade and stop one should be able to say place a £10 trade with a stop 20 pips away that only requires £200 margin. A Very good point! I must also add that our system allows stops and limits at a minimum 5 pips away at the moment, which has also been a major selling point. Charts are being looked into! You need to let me know what you want...

I'm not too bothered about the £150 margin, it ensures that I will still have sufficient capital left after a few losses! I don't tend to use stop losses because I exit very quick when it goes the wrong way between 3-5 points on average, sometimes less, and at the click of the mouse (and it would take too long to set a stop loss). For the chart, the same as Capital/IG would be good. I usually look at 3 charts at different time intervals, tick, 1 minute and another which I switch between 3 & 10 minute for the longer view. If you could use the same data feed for the graph that would be good, I am not sure some other companies always do that.

Phil Mibbutz said:
According to vicious rumours on this board, if you're scalping two or three points and making a profit it won't be long before WS make life more difficult for you. Let us know what happens!

Phil are you talking in the past tense again? As the thread explains WS upgraded and as i said before as WS book gets larger then micro scalpers become more and more welcome. In time things change. When WS has more liquidity then you will see! All i ask is bring it on, let and make WS become a challenger to the other SB firms. You will see, i am off in a few weeks. It is not for me to prove this but you the traders...

gle101 said:
Thanks qmpma1 for your input.
I wonder what chart package do you you use? You are saying it laggs behind the WS feed. I think one have to use the live cash feed of the GBP/USD, WS has this as underlying asset, if I am not altogether mistaken. You seem to be doing fine without it anyway. On such short time frame, I guess you are using mental stops?

Hi, I use the graph from Capital Spreads GBP/USD rolling daily (which does seem to lag a touch).

qmpma1 said:
Hi, I use the graph from Capital Spreads GBP/USD rolling daily (which does seem to lag a touch).
Well I tried Capitalspreads chart as well, but after WS speed upgrade it was, as you are saying lagging behind WS. From what I remember CS also have 3 spread on the GBP/USD?

qmpma1 said:

The only problem is we smooth out our prices with multiple feeds, i.e. Reuters, bloomberg, and some other really reliable currency channels that do not like to be sourced. Alot of firms source out their charts from a singal provider, that in my opionion are shocking to the extent i would not even be able to describe. The amount of spiking you get from some of their charts is amazing which is also reflected in some of the poor fills you get back...

gle101 said:
Well I tried Capitalspreads chart as well, but after WS speed upgrade it was, as you are saying lagging behind WS. From what I remember CS also have 3 spread on the GBP/USD?

It is stange that 3 months ago WS were lagging behind alot of firms in pricing and now that we are 1 pip spreads and have prices quicker than the leading competition traders are still questioning. I will not reveal our trade secrets! But if you want to send me a P.M. to my WS email i will answer. For a few weeks only!

MarvinS said:
It is stange that 3 months ago WS were lagging behind alot of firms in pricing and now that we are 1 pip spreads and have prices quicker than the leading competition traders are still questioning. I will not reveal our trade secrets! But if you want to send me a P.M. to my WS email i will answer. For a few weeks only!
Yes I agree Marvin, I have been writing a lot about this fact, but not many have believed me. I guess one has to trade live with WS to notice the difference. If one is using the live feed, and compares it with WS feed, one actually see that the WS feed is lightning fast, not much room for a delay. How you have managed to do it, I don't know. I think I will send you a P.M..

gle101 said:
Yes I agree Marvin, I have been writing a lot about this fact, but not many have believed me. I guess one has to trade live with WS to notice the difference. If one is using the live feed, and compares it with WS feed, one actually see that the WS feed is lightning fast, not much room for a delay. How you have managed to do it, I don't know. I think I will send you a P.M..

In light of these comments we have already taken 3,500 trades this morning. I would say 50% of all our trades are GBP rolling trades. Alot of nice price action! And is likely to be quite busy this afternoon with ICSC, durable goods, Redbook, consumer confidence and home sales. GBP went up to 1.9460 over night. I wish WS offered 24 hrs dealing now!

Calendar of events

MarvinS said:
In light of these comments we have already taken 3,500 trades this morning. I would say 50% of all our trades are GBP rolling trades. Alot of nice price action! And is likely to be quite busy this afternoon with ICSC, durable goods, Redbook, consumer confidence and home sales. GBP went up to 1.9460 over night. I wish WS offered 24 hrs dealing now!

Hi, where can I find a calendar showing times for these releases. I currently use the one off dailyfx/fxcm but it did not have some of those you mentioned listed?

qmpma1 said:
Hi, where can I find a calendar showing times for these releases. I currently use the one off dailyfx/fxcm but it did not have some of those you mentioned listed?

My mistake those stats are out tommorow 28th! If you want stats email me...
As per a previous request we are adding a close trade button on our system as apposed to having to go through the stake/ trading window every time.

MarvinS said:
As per a previous request we are adding a close trade button on our system as apposed to having to go through the stake/ trading window every time.
Yes, very good, I have been waiting for that feature.

MarvinS said:

Yes, now I look I can see them for tomorrow on my list. Thanks. A close button would be useful certainly for newer members, but it would also help me clicking the wrong button when trying to close a trade sometimes!

qmpma1 said:
The best FX calendar around, is the one at forexfactory.com

Last edited:
qmpma1 said:
Yes, now I look I can see them for tomorrow on my list. Thanks. A close button would be useful certainly for newer members, but it would also help me clicking the wrong button when trying to close a trade sometimes!

I can see your point on clicking the wrong market but i have only had 1 client that has done that. The close button will be in your open positions/ bets window!

gle101 said:
The best FX calendar around, is the one at forexfactory.com

Thanks, that's a good one, I will use it from now on. (Marvin, the button I was referring to pressing incorrectly was Buy instead of Sell or vice versa when exiting a trade - Close is a much clearer way of dealing.)

MarvinS said:

Yes, last night there was a considerable action on the EUR/USD as well. A friend of mine told me, it is a pity that Worldspreads doesn't offer a 24 hrs service on the currency pairs. Why doesn't WS consider introducing a retail Forex service? Maybe you have already more than enough on your hands. Anyway, there are a lot of USA citizens that would like to come across a good retail Forex broker. I think with a back record from other Worldspreads ventures, a 1 point spread, as few as possible re-quotes and the platform speed that you have, you have a fair chance of succeeding. However, you do have to improve your system with additional features, like stops and OCO possibility in the order window. Hopefully these features are scheduled to be the next in line on the WS platform.

Hi Marvin,

Is it really that hard to add an OCO functionality to your platform? The more order types you have, the more attractive you will become.

One sure way of attracting good traders is auto trailing stops (pip by pip (i know it ain't gonna happen :cheesy: ))

FXSCALPER2 said:
Hi Marvin,

Is it really that hard to add an OCO functionality to your platform? The more order types you have, the more attractive you will become.

One sure way of attracting good traders is auto trailing stops (pip by pip (i know it ain't gonna happen :cheesy: ))

FX you may leave an OCO order online now on an open position. You may not however leave an if done i.e. an order on an opening order. We are in the process of adding greater orders functionality. What makes the most difference to you?

Marvin

Hi Marvin,

Are your trades on dealer referel now (for past hour or so) or on auto-execute?