Wolf of Wall Street

BSD

Veteren member
Successor to Boiler Room which was apparently also based on this guy..

Should be a hoot, going to go watch that on the weekend.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0993846/

The real guy:

Read his book, amusing and pretty entertaining read from the dark side.

Yup.

:LOL:

Read somewhere that Deutsche are one of his clients for the sales training he's doing these days.

Was good entertainment, but probably 30 mins too long as is Scorcese's wont.

If Margin Call was Newsnight then this is L!ve TV's weather forecast.

Well.

Went to a cinema yesterday.

Saw a queue right to the door.

Thought that didn't look good.

And it didn't.

Place was sold out !

Seems to definitely be a blockbuster.

New try next sunday.

All the wannabe- VS-models lining up to get a glimpse on Leo? :LOL:

Well.

And it didn't.

Place was sold out !

New try next sunday.

this flick had far too much drug taking, nudity and expletives for my liking.

On the plus side.....

margot-robbie-17.jpg

The fact that's its getting the big boys attention means I will be wasting two hours watching this

Well.

And it didn't.

Place was sold out !

New try next sunday.

or you could do a search on twitter for 'wolf of wall street free' and there are plenty of links where you can watch it. not that I did that of course. :p

or you could do a search on twitter for 'wolf of wall street free' and there are plenty of links where you can watch it. not that I did that of course. :p

Haha yup :LOL:

But going theer with my wife, and she wants a bit of class, so going to have to be the cinema on this one I suppose.

;)

I must admit the film did a very good job at portraying the Swiss. Well all the Swiss I've met certainly acted like "Jean-Jacques Saurel".

Best
John.

Ok got seats yesterday, and armed with some bubbly we went on to enjoy the show.

Like someone summed up on ET's Wolf thread...

Good movie, bad wolf.

Actually the movie was hilarious, Leonardo put in the performance of his life, and we were laughing really hard.

The part where he is so drugged up he can't get down the stairs and just rolls down em instead?

Subsquent Lambo ride home ?

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

One heck of a great movie.

web1_WEB_rgb_wolf-of-wall-street_0.jpg

web1_WEB_rgb_wolf-of-wall-street-2_0.jpg

web1_WEB_rgb_wolf-of-wall-street-3_0.jpg

web1_674038-fa956fed022e4de9af3d34b177ff7bdd_2.jpg

Margot-robbie-feet-leo-dipcaprio736x432.jpg

Haha veeeery well put, from the article above:

"It certainly roared in to the No 1 spot on its first weekend in the UK, driving its Porsche across three parking spaces, falling semi-paralysed on to the street and obliterating the competition with some £4.6m.

That's actually the third biggest 18-certificate opening ever in the UK, after Hannibal and Bruno; and boy, is The Wolf of Wall Street 18-certificate. Drugs, sex, nudity and seemingly endless swearing. It's a raucous Saturday-night event movie, the like of which we haven't seen for years.

All this explains, no doubt, why it has proved so popular. After a decade of squeaky-clean, furrowed-brow Spandex superheroes, Jordan Belfort, as played by Leonardo DiCaprio, is just a bad boy, for the hell of it. Never mind the squawks of outrage; The Wolf of Wall Street is a reminder of an age when movies weren't exclusively designed to be moral signposts on the highway of life."