Will FTSE ever breach the 6000 barrier?

MAmijee232

What do you guys think? I think it will. The Dow Jones chart is looking impressive. Although FTSE 100 came pretty close to 6000 (14 points away on September 4th), it retreated back into 5850s...It has come close twice before. Personally i think it will since many people who sold positions in May due to the fear of interest rate rises will get back into the market in late September/Early October (sell in may come back on st. ledgers day?).

At the moment, companies are making good profits, sometimes beating market expectations. Hopefully the earnings growth will outpace any future rate rises!

To me, FTSE 100/250 is providing better returns than AIM (which has been down 25% from this years peak).

Mustansir Amijee said:
What do you guys think? I think it will. The Dow Jones chart is looking impressive. Although FTSE 100 came pretty close to 6000 (14 points away on September 4th), it retreated back into 5850s...It has come close twice before. Personally i think it will since many people who sold positions in May due to the fear of interest rate rises will get back into the market in late September/Early October (sell in may come back on st. ledgers day?).

At the moment, companies are making good profits, sometimes beating market expectations. Hopefully the earnings growth will outpace any future rate rises!

To me, FTSE 100/250 is providing better returns than AIM (which has been down 25% from this years peak).

It have already above 6000 mark. You analysis was quite good.