Wilder Delta and Adam

If Mr copan wants to post...all the better :cheesy:
he can explain the inversion thing better than I :eek: :) ))

i looked at some software called wave59 (i think) a few years ago which incorporated astrological predictions which seemed highly accurate. Didnt have time to test properly and have always meant to investigate further but not got round to it yet.

In a strange way, this is actually one of the most interesting threads I've ever read here.

Would people be open to the idea that delta may be related to elliott...

Now where's phil :)))

Hughmac said:
i looked at some software called wave59 (i think) a few years ago which incorporated astrological predictions which seemed highly accurate. Didnt have time to test properly and have always meant to investigate further but not got round to it yet.
Strewth mate!!! Your vanilla day-to-day trading system must be absolutely awesome if you leave a system that's merely "highly accurate" on the shelf for a few years...especially as it contains

"Custom-built neural nets,
Geometrical pattern analysis,
and the almost magical
Fibonacci Vortex..."

You must be trading FLEXUS to pass up on that lot...

Stick it in the post to me - I'll test it for you... :devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

Hughmac said:

i think i might have read a few comments on wave59 on either these boards or elitetrader.

dont think they were too complimentary.

i like the ideas behind delta. 4 period cycles and whatnot. but the fact that the cycles invert at a couple of points makes it largely untradeable on its own IMHO.

there is a load of cycles stuff over on tacticaltrader.

or a320 on here is a bit of a cyclist... (its the neon helmet that gives it away)

FC

TheBramble said:
Strewth mate!!! Your vanilla day-to-day trading system must be absolutely awesome if you leave a system that's merely "highly accurate" on the shelf for a few years...especially as it contains

"Custom-built neural nets,
Geometrical pattern analysis,
and the almost magical
Fibonacci Vortex..."

You must be trading FLEXUS to pass up on that lot...

Stick it in the post to me - I'll test it for you... :devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

LOL! i was just starting out in the trading game and investigating everything and anything that looked interesting! Holy Grail etc. Wave 59 (if thats what its called) looked much to complex but intriging. Eventualy settled on forex, keeping it as simple as possible!! No need for seperate datafeeds etc Trade of the chart (CMS), suits me sir!!

Delta, to me, is something that always looks better in retrospect - there's no doubt in my mind that the pattern is almost blindingly obvious in many charts after the event. The pattern is also very much out of whack in some as well - but that's okay, commonsense dictates you'd ignore charts that fit badly.
Delta, sadly (personal opinion) always looks better in retrospect because a turn will be obvious after the event, but on/around the predicted day the turns often just aren't that obvious. It's not uncommon to see a small feature that confirms it all, but you don't recognise it at the time. There is no guide to move distance, a swing might play out in a couple of days - you can be out of pocket despite getting it spot on, as the swing you traded was quite small and the reversal was big and fast.

Inversion - call me cynical, but Delta theory says either side of point one and nowehere else.... I'm darn sure that's incorrect, and extra swings that are in addition to the solution are quite common - it's okay to suggest they don't count, but they often move as far as, or further than the official move - in reality you can't happily trade a 2% move and ignore a 4% one that isn't officially there.

Finally, the newsletter itself shows that the guys with the inside track don't get it right, and indecision is rife... I'm a Delta fan, oddly enough, as it shows me that there is order in the markets - it just doesn't show me it in time to make a profit from it. I'd not want to put anyone off trying Delta, I think it's something most people would benefit from seeing in action as part of the learning process, I don't think it's a trading system for the majority of people trying to use it. I imagine there are some people with a bit of a knack for using it who do very well. Anybody selling it as a cure all, the secrets of the market etc etc is being a bit economical with the truth in my view.

Dave

I wonder if there are ways of filtering out some of the poor turning points? Perhaps combining Delta with other methods. Delta only looks at time, not price, so perhaps using another strategy like Fibonacci time and price projections or Gann time and price methods might help?

Steve, who is also known as Phil and sells the Delta books in the UK has this method called Nexus. Those that have seen it seem to think it is the DB's but he no longer sells it. Some people seem to think he is a multi-millionaire while others are more sceptical. Either way, it might be worth investigating further. If only I was smart enough to write my own charting software :)

Bigbusiness said:
I wonder if there are ways of filtering out some of the poor turning points? Perhaps combining Delta with other methods. Delta only looks at time, not price, so perhaps using another strategy like Fibonacci time and price projections or Gann time and price methods might help?
BB - Anything might help. But you only have to filter out half the turning points. Half seem to work, half of the time. Or you could just use Fibs, or Gann, or Support & Resistance. Why clutter things?

Bigbusiness said:
Steve, who is also known as Phil and sells the Delta books in the UK has this method called Nexus. Those that have seen it seem to think it is the DB's but he no longer sells it. Some people seem to think he is a multi-millionaire while others are more sceptical. Either way, it might be worth investigating further. If only I was smart enough to write my own charting software :)
What's worth investigating further BB? Steve/Phil or NEXUS?

You might want ot check out a site (obviously can't give the URL for t2w AUP reasons) that mentions Phil/Steve at one of it's trading partners. Actually, it also has a Mr. S. Copan offering a testimonial for its own newsletter, but hey, there could be more than one person with that name. Oh, and the website is registered to someone living not a million miles from where Steve/Phil lives, but I'm sure that's a coincidence too. Back to my point...

This website says that they have seen Steve/Phil's accounts and he makes 500% profit per month.

Now, I'm convinced. Anyone who does that well MUST be a millionaire (Billionaire actually) and must only be selling trinkets & bits & bobs for £40 a throw on his own website for the good of his trader brothers & sisters. :LOL:

Bramble,

I was thinking that the more methods you use to confirm a time a price turning point the better but perhaps it would just end in clutter. I will have a look when I get some time.

Does make you wonder why a billionaire would want to spend time selling the Delta book, Nexus, the soon to be available Matrix and other bits & bobs. I am too sceptical to believe all the claims but I suppose there might be people out there who can make fortunes trading and also want to make a few £££ from other traders by selling some of their ideas. As I have only purchased the Delta book, I am not that bothered investigating Mr. Copan any further, I would rather spend time working on my own ideas.

Delta & "other" systems are very closely related to the rules ( laws) or elliott...There are many methods to filter, ranging from fib bar counts from turns to a 6h scaled time & price chart to find pressure points in time using the fib number series ( 3,5,8,13,21,ect) But There are other ratios to use & even numerology numbers such as 113 (adam) for those who are into such things

Just some thoughts...

Come on man, give us an example (using no colured lines) of "a 6h scaled time & price chart to find pressure points in time using the fib number series ( 3,5,8,13,21,ect) "

...and I don't recognise those numbers as being ordinary Fib numbers...are they special....? :rolleyes:

Bramble,

These are all fib numbers:-

1+1=2
2+1=3
3+2=5
5+3=8
8+5=13
13+8=21
21+13=34
34+21=55
55+34=89