Why is Forex pushed so much?

iota

Out of all possible instruments, Forex seems to get the big sell to retail traders and I'm trying to work out why?

1. brokers know 90+% lose anyway
2. with mini / micro lots they can lure everyone into trading it - it's not like futures where your margin is a couple of thousands €/$ or whatever your base currency is. With these kind of lotsizes students whose only income is their pocketmoney paid by their parents could start trading. Many small losses fills the brokers pockets more than some would imagine.
3. in the most unregulated market there is they can run run your stops, fill your order more or less as they please and you can't do nothing about it.

that's just what comes to mind now .. i know there are threads on other forums that go on for pages why forex is THE thing for brokers.

Of course, if you are a disciplined trader and know what you are doing, nothing of all that has to be detrimental to making profits in forex. But most aren't, so ...

In the US, too many dumb restrictions on daytrading stocks keeps the average trader looking in from the outside. A mere $50 forex account and anyone can be Joe Trader.

Peter

It is easy. Just get one of those now-hard-to-find Shadowninja Lucky Forex Ninja Sword with Lucky Forex Runes.

Out of all possible instruments, Forex seems to get the big sell to retail traders and I'm trying to work out why?

Wall street is rigged against the punter.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ellen-brown/stock-market-collapse-mor_b_568164.html

Forex is an open market with 24 hour liquidity and transparency , and you are not dealing with big fraudsters for liquidity.Wall street and the city thieves are trading secret sleazy deals against you ie insider deals , dot com fraud,stock ramping by brokers and sleazy slimy snakes like Kavanagh and other fraudulent and dirty ipos.

You are dealing with scum.

Fairly obvious.

A stock or futures broker will get a commission on your trade. They act as an interface between you and the market.

Most forex 'brokers' effectively just trade against you and so they make the amount you lose.

Hence forex being pushed more to newbies and therefore ending up more popular.

get free signals

my analyst is giving out free signals for a limited time, to make use of this offer please email me and i will get it sorted out

thank you

get free signals

my analyst is giving out free signals for a limited time, to make use of this offer please email me and i will get it sorted out

thank you
Someone really needs to clean up the spamartists on here.

Fairly obvious.

A stock or futures broker will get a commission on your trade. They act as an interface between you and the market.

Most forex 'brokers' effectively just trade against you and so they make the amount you lose.

not entirely correct, most brokers are completely hedged and make the spread, even then any imbalances are hedged in the real market with tighter spreads of course.
if they went against every person, then if someone went long £10k a pip they'd go short 10k a pip, even though over time 95% fail any punter can come in and make 10 million , i dont think brokers want that kind of exposure

Why you ask; because there is money in it. If one pushes forex, which is easy for anyone to take a part in due to the fact that it is a leveraged product, there are many avenues for futher money making. e.g advertising, news coverage, training, signal services, trading (managed fund) etc.

Fairly obvious.

Traders can deal directly with the liquidity providers and futures

can be traded over the counter ( not through a regulated exchange ) ...