Why doesn't think or swim save my settings?

jacknapier

I put drawings on the charts, but then the next day when I turn my computer on, they are mysteriously gone. They reverted to the previous drawings.

Is there a way to manually save my drawing settings?

I put drawings on the charts, but then the next day when I turn my computer on, they are mysteriously gone. They reverted to the previous drawings.

Is there a way to manually save my drawing settings?

Top right corner of your charts, go into 'studies' and save the set

Sent from my HTC

Thanks, but that's studies and not drawings. I mean, like fiblines, trendlines, pricelines, text, rectangles, etc.

There is a "set drawing set" option, but that only seems to save the selected chart and not all the drawings on all the charts. I guess there's just no other way to do it other than closing ToS.

Last edited:
Ah sorry I should have read your post better.
Drawings should save automatically... what happens when you go into Drawings/Hide Drawings?

Ah sorry I should have read your post better.
Drawings should save automatically... what happens when you go into Drawings/Hide Drawings?
Well, if I close the application it will save the drawings. It's just I'd rather have like a 'save state' type button for easy access. But I suppose I'll just have to close it, then open it again just to make sure it doesn't lose all my drawings in the morning.

Backtesting on TOS

Well, if I close the application it will save the drawings. It's just I'd rather have like a 'save state' type button for easy access. But I suppose I'll just have to close it, then open it again just to make sure it doesn't lose all my drawings in the morning.

I am new on this Forum, so maybe my question has been answered before. I have asked TOS when they will have a Backtesting app on their platform, and they say it is in the works, but it has been months and no progress yet.

The only way to check a Scan to see if it provides stocks that have done well over the last year, or whatever time you want, is to paper trade or forward test. A big waste of time. If anyother users of TOS would be interested, please contact TOS and tell them to develop a program to do scans for previous dates, or times. And ask any other users to do the same.

The only way to check a Scan to see if it provides stocks that have done well over the last year, or whatever time you want, is to paper trade or forward test. A big waste of time.

You've got to be kidding right? A waste of time...seriously?
You actually have it the wrong way around. Your back testing is the waste of time and forward trading is what really proves or disproves an idea.

Thinkorswims 'Scan' and 'Thinkback' should be enough for you if you really think looking back will help develop an idea.