Why do we bother with the NFP job report each month?

Yep, there is genuine insight, but no one reads the comments section do they? It'd be like reading a thread to conclusion on here before it self implodes...:D
The comments section is the best bit! :LOL:

We should enact a version of Godwin's law for T2W though, for example; see how long before "Livermore" is mentioned in a thread, or the argument between TA and FA comes up, or the old chestnut that SB firms have been robbing the coins out the eyes of the dead since Victorian times. Perhaps keep it simple and claim "Livermore law" when the original point gets hijacked and veers off the rails and onto a different tangent/planet..? :rolleyes:

I think that is an inspired suggestion Black Swan. I think the SB robber theme is possibly the closest to the classic Godwin idea, since sooner or later, it almost ALWAYS comes up. But I like the "Livermore" one as well.

The comments section is the best bit! :LOL:

I think that is an inspired suggestion Black Swan. I think the SB robber theme is possibly the closest to the classic Godwin idea, since sooner or later, it almost ALWAYS comes up. But I like the "Livermore" one as well.

Hi Mike, good to see you back. :) What d'ya reckon, we claim "Livermore Law" for either FA v TA, Livermore himself, or general SB skullduggery? Or just Livermore singularly..?

Are you trying to goad new_trader into a robust defence of his idol?

Moi? No, Livermore is great entertainment, what is fascinating is the idolation from a few folk on this site who I'd actually begin to question whether or not they've actually either read 'the book' or took on board it's value as a cracking story?

It's a good history book, in fact a great history book on a speculator, he wasn't at the first big bang, argubably that would have happened in the coffee shops close to Lloyds of London in the 1700's, or centuries earlier in China and Asia?

Revisionism and selection have worked well for the Livermore legend and no doubt the various quasi novels have been redacted in manner that Michael Gove would approve of if it was a GCSE WW2 *history*; removing the content of the House of Windsor changing their name to disguise their Germanic roots and George the VI not stammering too much when he wanted appeasement with his German cousins to protect the status quo for Europe's elite/royalty...

Hi Mike, good to see you back. :) What d'ya reckon, we claim "Livermore Law" for either FA v TA, Livermore himself, or general SB skullduggery? Or just Livermore singularly..?

Oh I'm happy either way. Would you care to formulate the wording of the law, in suitably Godwinesque language? With the multiple version, there may be other recurring themes that might be worth adding. Or perhaps one could develop a variation on the Buzzword Bingo beloved of some folk who have to attend meetings in large organisations (something I definitely don't miss from my old job!), see here for example:

http://www.bollocksphere.co.uk/Content/Business.shtml

Oh I'm happy either way. Would you care to formulate the wording of the law, in suitably Godwinesque language? With the multiple version, there may be other recurring themes that might be worth adding. Or perhaps one could develop a variation on the Buzzword Bingo beloved of some folk who have to attend meetings in large organisations (something I definitely don't miss from my old job!), see here for example:

http://www.bollocksphere.co.uk/Content/Business.shtml

That "******** calculator" is ...well....the ******** !(y)