Who knows whereis the best FX training out there

Well, I have learnt to trade profitably after a long HARD TIME.

I did my course from a trader who trades forex for his living but he doesn't accept everyone as his student. He is well reserved to accept only the ones with "reasonable" expectations....

Who aren't going to cause trouble for him down the line? ;-)

I want to start trading and I've read Forex could be the best option for me because of my time consuming job & forex is open 24 hrz...do you agree? also can anyone suggest on the best company to trade with?

I want to start trading and I've read Forex could be the best option for me because of my time consuming job & forex is open 24 hrz...do you agree? also can anyone suggest on the best company to trade with?

sure its 24h a day excluding weekends.............but its still not an ATM cash machine all the time due to timezones and major market hours :whistling

Sorry - I cannot recommend a best company to trade with as one size does not fit all

good luck
N

I agree above......I like babypips as a newbie site

N

thanks for the babypips tip, it's just the sort of thing I've been looking for to give me a basic grounding in analysis. just spent the afternoon getting to elementary level !(y)

Figure out the way you want to trade then you'll know which time is best for you.

For me, the best time to trade is during the NY open. Which means I wake up at 4:30am every day because I live in California. I trade from 5am - 7:30am then go to my full time day job. I go to sleep at around 8pm. I hate waking up early but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Make it work for you.

What you have to realise about training is this, there are really 2 parts -

1. The initial training, say a 2 day or 7 day course
2. 1-5 years of experience using the above and more

Most courses seem to give people illusion that all you need is their course and then you're on your way. Well, you might be on your way but not to decent profits or consistency, that is where the slow road starts, hence the 1-5 years of experience.

If you or anyone thinks they can do it quicker then I doubt it because the other traders you're up against, the ones that are competiting for the same potential profits as you, HAVE put in the years and hardship so probabilities suggest they're going to always win the war, but that's not to say you might not win a battle here and there.

Good luck.

Figure out the way you want to trade then you'll know which time is best for you.

For me, the best time to trade is during the NY open. Which means I wake up at 4:30am every day because I live in California. I trade from 5am - 7:30am then go to my full time day job. I go to sleep at around 8pm. I hate waking up early but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Make it work for you.

That's dedication alright

:)

Try also reading the following books:

for trading and trading psychology:

Alexander Elder - Trading for a Living
Alexander Elder - Sell and sell short

for stocks investment try the bible of investing:

Ben Graham and Dodd - Security Analysis
Ben Graham - The intelligent investor

I have not attended forex training , yet I was trained by my friends and I never tried using demo account, I used real account and on ym 1st trade I earned good profit using the smallest LOT size/ volume but then the day after my 1st trading i lost all $17 capital . haha
Now I am studying more about forex.

I have created an FX Trading group for industry experts and professional traders to share their experiences and knowledge of the Financial Markets with new and novice traders. This is more of a social group where you can swap ideas for free. for more info to sign up The London FX Trading Meetup (London, England) - Meetup we also every few months meetup for a social in the London area.

ive heard this works as well

I've actually seen coin flipping work well over a year. Many years ago a company I worked for used to flip a coin (heads buy, tails sell) before the opening of London Cocoa or Coffee (I forget which one). Say heads came up, they'd buy the opening, and put a 10 tick stop OCO MOC order.

It worked because of the old saying, cut your losses quick and let your profits run. I think most of the profits over the year came from about 10-20 trades where the market really ran that day.

Whatever the case it's a classic example of how MONEY MANAGEMENT can make even a lousy system profitable. Think about this point folks, because for many of you, money management is ALL THAT'S HOLDING YOU BACK..........

I've actually seen coin flipping work well over a year. Many years ago a company I worked for used to flip a coin (heads buy, tails sell) before the opening of London Cocoa or Coffee (I forget which one). Say heads came up, they'd buy the opening, and put a 10 tick stop OCO MOC order.

It worked because of the old saying, cut your losses quick and let your profits run. I think most of the profits over the year came from about 10-20 trades where the market really ran that day.

Whatever the case it's a classic example of how MONEY MANAGEMENT can make even a lousy system profitable. Think about this point folks, because for many of you, money management is ALL THAT'S HOLDING YOU BACK..........

Good story....... defo gets you thinking

Good story....... defo gets you thinking

It should Bertie :)

Do youself a favour. Get a pen, pencil and calculator out. Work out how often you need to be right in order to break even when every wining trade pays 3 and every losing one loses 1.

Remember when you were at school?

Remember when the teacher asked you a question and you got it wrong, how did you feel?

What if the teacher kept asking you questions and you got most of the wrong, how did that make you feel in regards to the teacher AND your classmates? Did they snigger at you, perhaps you got the rep. of being thick.

It's not nice when we're wrong is it?

It's not nice when people snigger at you for getting most of the questions wrong is it?

And you're probably slightly jealous of your friend Jack/Jackie who normally always gets the answer right. Teacher loves him/her as well.

If only you could be right more often, you'd feel a lot better wouldn't you.

Wrong is therefore BAD and right is therefore GOOD. Is that right or wrong?

This all relates to trading you know.........