Who is the biggest swinger in the eurostoxx?

enterthe

Who is the biggest swinging local in the Eurostoxx 50 futures contract on Eurex?

And how much size does he have?

No one wants to step up to the plate? Are none of you going to be flipping 1,000 esx over nfp?

Enterthe,

Largest trades today: 5000 lots at 14:50:37, 5,254 lots at 18:01:21. Don't know who, I'm afraid.

1.6m traded so far.

Grant.

Enterthe,

Largest trades today: 5000 lots at 14:50:37, 5,254 lots at 18:01:21. Don't know who, I'm afraid.

1.6m traded so far.

Grant.

Interesting stats Grant. How did you get them? Can they be found on a bloomberg terminal?

Toxic,

Bit slow on the uptake, I'm afraid. Very good.

Enterthe,

Taken from a tick chart. See accompanying .doc file.

Maybe Toxic can let us know when he intends to hit or take. Iceberg composed of 1-lots.

Grant.

Attachments

• STX.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 383
At 12:12 pm today, got bored and sold few. See attached .doc

Grant.

Attachments

• STX size.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 385
Matt,

A "lot" is one contract. The value of one Euro Stoxx contract is Eu 10.00 x contract value, eg Stoxx at 6000, one contract value = 6000 x 10 = Eu 60,000 or c. £40,800 for our patriotic English readers.

Grant.

At 12:12 pm today, got bored and sold few. See attached .doc

Grant.

Wow. I bow down to your your greatness. I you don't mind me asking, was that an outright punt, part of a basket/spread trade, or something for a client.

Enterthe,

It started as a personal punt, went wrong and ended up in a few discretionary clients' accounts (plus comm's, of course, so I was still quids in).

Grant.

Enterthe,

It was touch-and-go, I tell you, mate.

I ‘phoned Mervyn King and said, “Help me on this one, Merv, you owe me”. He replied, “No more Mr Nice Guy, punk”.

So I thought, well bail this out, BoE. This rest you know.

In all modesty, great traders can lose, but they make sure someone else loses more.

Grant.

Hi Guys,

I'm new at posting here but have been a member for a while. I've just started trading Eurostoxx after having traded emini dow for a while. I'm with a great trading room for the dow, John Carters 'tradethemarkets' but can't find anything for Eurostoxx. I'm UK based so ideally don't want to trade the dow due to the unsociable trading hrs. Really like the Eurostoxx liquidity. Does anyone know if a Eurostoxx trading room exists or of a good place to get Eurostoxx info etc??

Any advise greatfully received,

Many thanks,

CJB