Which resources do you use to better your trading?

Rambo35

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask you a question:

What are the top five resources (tools, blogs, news outlets, etc.) that you use in your daily trading which you think better your trading?

Thanks for answering.

What are the top five resources (tools, blogs, news outlets, etc.) that you use in your daily trading which you think better your trading?

Thanks for answering.

I normally use babypips, Forexlive, Boomberg in my every day trading. Also use forums like these to spend some time to relax :whistling

Thanks for answering.

The charts never lie. So just my charts and my rules burned in my retinas, nothing else. No news, no indicators and certainly no blogs/tipsters.

I am still learning PA and hope I can eliminate all the indis and useless online materials.

way to go perox, indicators tell us nothing. When you can eliminate and distinguish price from mere noise, you will be on your way to true enlightenment

"Price Action" does not really just mean trading naked without any indicators.

Hey PA Trader, In my case, I never use indicators on my charts, only tick volumes from citi. The rest is all about trend, support/resistance and reversals..... what does yours entail?

Hey PA Trader, In my case, I never use indicators on my charts, only tick volumes from citi. The rest is all about trend, support/resistance and reversals..... what does yours entail?
hi, your tick volumes, trend, s/r , reversals -> they are all used for price action analysis. I have similar setups with yours

I like to watch a lot of videos on youtube.
Some are excellent, some are utterly useful, takes a lot of filtering though them :)

Nothing quite as effective as just eyeballing charts and back testing theories though.

I like to watch a lot of videos on youtube.
Some are excellent, some are utterly useful, takes a lot of filtering though them :)

Nothing quite as effective as just eyeballing charts and back testing theories though.

the latter I agree with, however its easy to spend hours and hours imagining where you could have got in etc. As long as you can focus your mind to be productive..why that situation, what were the conditions, can they be replicated..etc etc
I often get lost in a world of hindsight. does no good at all

the latter I agree with, however its easy to spend hours and hours imagining where you could have got in etc.

Everyone is a excellent trader from the left to right :)

While the past does not predict the future, there are things that can be learned from what can be expected.

For example, you could learn that a hammer at the bottom a down trend is a good sign you may want to exit shorts/go long. Simplistic example, of course.

Everyone is a excellent trader from the left to right :)

While the past does not predict the future, there are things that can be learned from what can be expected.

For example, you could learn that a hammer at the bottom a down trend is a good sign you may want to exit shorts/go long. Simplistic example, of course.

I think I said as much already
As long as you can focus your mind to be productive..why that situation, what were the conditions, can they be replicated..etc etc

Thanks you everyone for responding. I appreciate all your input. I do use price action, but draw fibo levels in my chart and take a look for divergences on the MACD (I assume you can say I am not a pure price action trader). I always keep an eye out for news events, but do not base my trading decisions on them.

Thanks you everyone for responding. I appreciate all your input. I do use price action, but draw fibo levels in my chart and take a look for divergences on the MACD (I assume you can say I am not a pure price action trader). I always keep an eye out for news events, but do not base my trading decisions on them.

I don't really trade the news either, but I am always aware of the high impacts - you gota know when then things may get really wild really fast.

Indicators that tell you over bought/sold are useful in conjunction with fibs.

A thing to remember though is they will never tell you when its over bought in a up trend or over sold in a down trend, the trend can always be expected to be stronger.

If you use them to find over bought in a down trend (and vice v) and this comes in on a 38 - 61 fib, this is a very tradable event, and you can use place stops just behind the 76% fib which if the trend is to remain valid (text book terms) should rarely be violated (of course, some times it will just spike and be rejected rapidly and take you out)

I read new articles on forex .In weekends I read about any trading systems and try it on demo for next week . After making good practice n it I use it in real account . Forum discussion is also a good option to improve my learning and skill.