Which multi-monitor PC for day trading?

Jun 21, 2011
What are the best multi-monitor PC's for day trading? Want to be able to use 3 or 4 monitors. Pls give specs. Also need laptop to use as backup. Thanks.

Oct 19, 2011
Best One stop shop in the UK is Trading Computers & Multi Screen Arrays | Multiple Monitors
They will do the whole thing, with various specifications mostly Intel based i3/i5/i7. Seems quite good if you are new to whole thing.
As for laptops, Acer 8943G comes with 2.4Ghz/i5 +4GB/ memory +BluRay and a nice big 18.4" screen, seems more keenly priced than Dell and some of the others. I believe if you search you can also pick up an international warranty as well. AcerDirect do a good price on that

Feb 21, 2008
twitter.com
May 20, 2009
Tell me,
Is it possible to run 4 monitors on 2 of the above cards you mention?
I have just bought a graphics card on ebay that can run 4 monitors.
uu

Absolutely, If you are running standard trading applications. There may be a problem with the PC/OS being able to cope If you try to run HD Blue rays at the same time but if you get bored you can always watch a low res DVD, that shouldn't take up too much hungry resource. :)

Jun 17, 2011
Tell me,
Is it possible to run 4 monitors on 2 of the above cards you mention?
I have just bought a graphics card on ebay that can run 4 monitors.
The benchmark score on that video card is so poor that I would be surprised if it supported color...just kidding, but that card is about 8 years old is EXTREMELY weak. It will not support 1080p monitors...

For $50 US you can buy a MUCH more powerful video card that will support high definition, blu ray, 1080p and both VGA, DVI and HDMI monitors..

Newegg.com - XFX HD-467X-ZDFR Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

Please don't waste your money on low end stuff!

May 20, 2009
The benchmark score on that video card is so poor that I would be surprised if it supported color...just kidding, but that card is about 8 years old is EXTREMELY weak. It will not support 1080p monitors...

For $50 US you can buy a MUCH more powerful video card that will support high definition, blu ray, 1080p and both VGA, DVI and HDMI monitors..

Newegg.com - XFX HD-467X-ZDFR Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

Please don't waste your money on low end stuff!
You will need a fairly substantial PC to handle 2 of these, the spec I gave was at the minimum required. A trading PC should be just that, not a multi function device.:cool::cool:

A Dashing Blade

Jul 9, 2004
One you build yourself. Its much cheaper imo.
apols for ressurecting an old thread, it's NOT going to be cheaper, will prolly be slightly more in fact (5-10%) BUT you will be able to choose exactly which componants to use (web mags such as bit-tech.net and maximumpc.com regularly have "Recommended Builds" articles)

these days, building a new box is as simple as "red plug into red socket", my advice to start off would be to take apart and re-assemble an old pc, should take you about 3 hours.

rsh01

Nov 12, 2010
apols for ressurecting an old thread, it's NOT going to be cheaper, will prolly be slightly more in fact (5-10%) BUT you will be able to choose exactly which componants to use (web mags such as bit-tech.net and maximumpc.com regularly have "Recommended Builds" articles)

these days, building a new box is as simple as "red plug into red socket", my advice to start off would be to take apart and re-assemble an old pc, should take you about 3 hours.
building your own pc used to be worth it - 15 years ago, but not now. the reason being dell/whoever can buy pc parts for considerably cheaper than you. its built in a factory which again costs them FA per unit. its called economies of scale. put a warranty on it (which is prob where they make a lot of their money) and there really isnt any point in building your own.

the customised argument doesnt work either for 99.9% of traders, a trading pc works fine with low end spec nowadays.