Which is the time that professional trade Light Sweet Crude Oil (WTI) and S&P future

dijsktra

Which is the time that professional trade Light Sweet Crude Oil (WTI) and S&P future

I know that on most CFD broker it can trade almost 24 hrs. But on price chart, I think price don't active all day. Can you tell me... which is the time that the professional trader really trade Light Sweet Crude Oil (WTI) and S&P future ?

Sorry for my English

Re: Which is the time that professional trade Light Sweet Crude Oil (WTI) and S&P fut

Hallo, hoe gaat het met u? Hi.... I'm Canadian actually, living in Utrecht but thought I'd see if you were Dutch or only your name (Friese I know...mine too ;>)

I trade nymex crude -- CL (my main instrument traded) futures both at what is considered the best times, with critical exceptions (that I'll mention in a moment).

I make sure my prep is done by 0800 or at least a short time before the first news release of the morning, usually 0830hr EST. I will trade leading up to news, but 9/10 times I stop trading 3 min before news breaks and wait until it's dies down a bit, having tried to understand the days prejuduices while watching news reactions. There is a good 'gap trade' of sorts around crude 0900hr pit open. I could send you an email or private message with those details if you wish. Depending on my prep, and if we're in a bullish channel or bearish, I start tape watching looking for my fibonachi sequences, and the DX all to present a good strong correlation as I am chartist trader, who respects fundamentals especially when it comes to crude and gold for that matter, but I digress....

Crude Pits open @ 0900 EST. I trade before that open, and before 0800 news too... but I sit back and NEVER trade the news reaction, except for the very odd fade, I never trade the crude pit open, and I never trade any news reaction if any afterward. Things slow down at 1030hr EST, so if it gets quite I might just watch things slightly less intensely and get some fundamentals reading done. At 1130hr EST Euro exchanges close and often those who arent done making money for the day over there come to NA markets and shake things up a little. Good to have been following the EURO news a bit over the morning, and checking out their charts and heatmaps after 1030hr before 1130hr. The afternoon is a different beast and I don't trade it usually as I have lots of reading to get done and be something else besides a trader. I'm a multimedia artist working in digital photography and recorded sound these days so I try to make some progress on a project I have going. I'm actually in Canada for the last 3 months and be ghere couple more (medical treatment) so If I stop trading at noon EST then I'm actually finished work by 9 am Pacific time where I have place in Victoria BC. It's great. When I'm in the Netherlands I am working through dinner hour often and with a family and stuff its not so greatr. Gotta get up at 0330hr here though, Whew!

Re: Which is the time that professional trade Light Sweet Crude Oil (WTI) and S&P fut

Oh forgot... crude inventory data released each Wed. except short weeks. These days are a little crazy. Don't trade immediate reaction if you want to trade this. 1 min after inventories are posted, demand is posted and this is what will truly drive price action for the next hour or so. Wait for the second number, the demand number. Don't learn the hard way as I did!

According to me all traders are depended on market condition what the actual thing going on currently then they have decided the best time to trade.

Oh forgot... crude inventory data released each Wed. except short weeks. These days are a little crazy. Don't trade immediate reaction if you want to trade this. 1 min after inventories are posted, demand is posted and this is what will truly drive price action for the next hour or so. Wait for the second number, the demand number. Don't learn the hard way as I did!

PT, what fundamental news sources do you use?