Which Certification to demonstrate basic finance understanding for a programmer

effahid

Hi Guys
I am a programmer by profession with a keen interest in the financial markets.

Any senior role as a developer with a financial institution requires a basic understanding of financial markets.

While I do understand the credit/equity derivatives, trading terminals, CDS and so on, how do I go about proving it?

I considered CFA, CMT and CQA qualifications. CMT and CFA both require experience working in the financial markets and I am a programmer.

Is there some kind of certification I can study which doesn't require a full bachelor's / masters level study duration ? I don't want to go the MBA path, I already have my plates full with my development projects, and yet which will enable potential employers to basically say " Oh this guy has done X certification, and he said all the things during interview, he knows the stuff"

Ideally something which I can finish in a few months.

Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thank you

Better make some really good MQL scripts, based on price action and some other ideas. These should be more appealing to any financial employer.

make some money in the markets might be a help as well..................??

Better make some really good MQL scripts, based on price action and some other ideas. These should be more appealing to any financial employer.

This MQL suggestion I really like, I am going to make a note of it and add this to my software projects portfolio in near future. A short certificate should still be nice though