When will a Profit be realized trading ...

miked31

8 0
just a regular Call option ?

Example..... MCD currently trading at $93.55
The September $94 Call ( 28 days to exp. ) has a Bid of .90 and Ask of .98
So my question is, when exactly will I start to make a profit on my Call option?
Does the Option/Stock have to move.....
1. The .08 cents between the Bid x Ask spread
2. The cost to buy the Call for .98 cents
3. The difference between the $94 Call minus the price that the stock is currently trading at of $93.55 = .45 cents

So is the total required move in the stock, before I realize 1 cent of profit , $1.51 ( .08 + .98 + .45 ) ?

Thanks for the help, very much appreciated - Michael

lloydbee

275 17
just a regular Call option ?

Example..... MCD currently trading at $93.55
The September $94 Call ( 28 days to exp. ) has a Bid of .90 and Ask of .98
So my question is, when exactly will I start to make a profit on my Call option?
Does the Option/Stock have to move.....
1. The .08 cents between the Bid x Ask spread
2. The cost to buy the Call for .98 cents
3. The difference between the $94 Call minus the price that the stock is currently trading at of $93.55 = .45 cents

So is the total required move in the stock, before I realize 1 cent of profit , $1.51 ( .08 + .98 + .45 ) ?

Thanks for the help, very much appreciated - Michael

First off, it is not the Sept $94 Call you are talking about, you are talking about the SEP1 $94 call (.MCD140905C94)

In reality it all depends what happens to the Greeks, they are what will more than likely change the price of the option immediately.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock