Whats your trading style?

I only have one style and that's gambling. Basically it involves a little ceremony of " ini mini miny moe, catch a runner by it's toe, if it bites I'll sell the wife to Joe, ini mini miny moe"

once you know what you are doing/trading my aim is to get 0.6% a day, rest on smaller stakes is a bonus.

10k is worth over 44k after a year at 0.6%, compounded.

once you know what you are doing/trading my aim is to get 0.6% a day, rest on smaller stakes is a bonus.

10k is worth over 44k after a year at 0.6%, compounded.

Hope you are making good money at this however consistently aiming to make a small gain while losing small amounts all adds up especially when the time period is low. You can convert 10k to a lot more than 44k by just going into momentum stocks when the action is happening and riding them out instead of battling on daily basis where one just bleeds slowly towards death every day. I can guarantee that apart from a small percentage (those too day trade once in a while when the major trends show so) make actual money at this. Majority of day traders have negative equity over time.

Its ironic that most money is made by being mostly lazy on day to day basis. Trading is waiting for the right time, executing and then waiting again for a long long time for the trend to change type of business.

Big money in trending markets are made by

1. Taking reasonable risk on your capital. Up to say 5% to 20%. It would take you either 20 or 5 bad trades in a row to wipe yourself out.
2. Once you are in do not leave the trade until the trend is over.
3. Sitting tight while the above is happening (THIS IS THE HARDEST BIT)

Lets take a basic premise. A stock has moved up 25% in a month. This constitutes a prominent upside move. Right now I am not concerned with fundamental reasons for such a move. This we might find out later when the major move is already over. We need to act while this is happening.

Results have shown that a stock doubling its price has a greater tendency to do the same over and over again until a major event causes it to break its momentum.

Take a stock xyz priced at $3 gained after a move of 25% in a month. This means something important is happening with the stock (these make new leaders).

Following scenario

1. Trading capital $10k
2. Risk on trade 20% or $2k (if you fail on the trade you would lose 2k)
3. Stop 0.30

Say you are buying on a break out.

Risk divided by stop so 2000/.30 or 6666 shares of xyz stock. Now you can purchase 6k shares of the stock without risking more than 2000 on it! Amazing isnt it? You can be invested more than 100% while still keeping your loss to a minimum.

If the stock moves from $3 to $6 in 3 months you make $19k or $59k @ $9 or 79k @ $12.
You could sold anywhere from one week to on year depending upon the trend on your performance bench marks.

So all is needed is ONE good trade to make big money in the stock market. One does not need to do the battle on daily basis. This is something very few people understand and that is why only a few people make BIG money while a lot others are fighting their wars for them.

Be right! Be Lazy and become rich over time!

Big money trading is boring. Period!

Hope you are making good money at this however consistently aiming to make a small gain while losing small amounts all adds up especially when the time period is low. You can convert 10k to a lot more than 44k by just going into momentum stocks when the action is happening and riding them out instead of battling on daily basis where one just bleeds slowly towards death every day. I can guarantee that apart from a small percentage (those too day trade once in a while when the major trends show so) make actual money at this. Majority of day traders have negative equity over time.

Its ironic that most money is made by being mostly lazy on day to day basis. Trading is waiting for the right time, executing and then waiting again for a long long time for the trend to change type of business.

Big money in trending markets are made by

1. Taking reasonable risk on your capital. Up to say 5% to 20%. It would take you either 20 or 5 bad trades in a row to wipe yourself out.
2. Once you are in do not leave the trade until the trend is over.
3. Sitting tight while the above is happening (THIS IS THE HARDEST BIT)

Lets take a basic premise. A stock has moved up 25% in a month. This constitutes a prominent upside move. Right now I am not concerned with fundamental reasons for such a move. This we might find out later when the major move is already over. We need to act while this is happening.

Results have shown that a stock doubling its price has a greater tendency to do the same over and over again until a major event causes it to break its momentum.

Take a stock xyz priced at $3 gained after a move of 25% in a month. This means something important is happening with the stock (these make new leaders).

Following scenario

1. Trading capital $10k
2. Risk on trade 20% or $2k (if you fail on the trade you would lose 2k)
3. Stop 0.30

Say you are buying on a break out.

Risk divided by stop so 2000/.30 or 6666 shares of xyz stock. Now you can purchase 6k shares of the stock without risking more than 2000 on it! Amazing isnt it? You can be invested more than 100% while still keeping your loss to a minimum.

If the stock moves from $3 to $6 in 3 months you make $19k or $59k @ $9 or 79k @ $12.
You could sold anywhere from one week to on year depending upon the trend on your performance bench marks.

So all is needed is ONE good trade to make big money in the stock market. One does not need to do the battle on daily basis. This is something very few people understand and that is why only a few people make BIG money while a lot others are fighting their wars for them.

Be right! Be Lazy and become rich over time!

Big money trading is boring. Period!

Institution traders can't afford to be lazy. There are different techniques to extracting money from the markets which include both long and short term. I am not disagreeing with your approach I am merely stating it isn't the only technique that works.

May I recommend ForexFap Turbo. You can switch machine on .... whilst working at the factory innit

oh and if that fails go to Mr Charts for helps

Many thankyou.

Pedro

May I recommend ForexFap Turbo. You can switch machine on .... whilst working at the factory innit

oh and if that fails go to Mr Charts for helps

Many thankyou.

Pedro

I think there are good deals for it too on eBay

hahahah get the f*ck out with that fapturbo sh*t.

As for my style, I scalp with trend breakouts and continuations. I suppose most would call it momentum trading.

Institution traders can't afford to be lazy. There are different techniques to extracting money from the markets which include both long and short term. I am not disagreeing with your approach I am merely stating it isn't the only technique that works.

You are absolutely right sir. There are plenty of ways of making money in the markets. My method of trading (which is basically one of the most common ways of trading by solid traders) does not work for everyone however as an individual trader who does not have the limitations of large institutions (such as getting in and out at your own pace) one does not necessarily have to be in the markets every day.

A lot of it has to do with the initial capital as well. Low capital traders that want to be professionals have aims of gaining more and then getting out quickly so that a reasonable stake can be produced.

High capital traders can give more space for trend following and then earn larger amounts of money by working less. Its all about the individual approach and a persons circumstances.

Its hard to sit on your ass every day doing nothing other than scanning charts while your good trades are bringing in money by following trends. It makes every thing look easy to your friends and family and others of importance in your life.

Some people like the challenge on day to day basis and their mistakes are rewards that sit and wait..

hahahah get the f*ck out with that fapturbo sh*t.

As for my style, I scalp with trend breakouts and continuations. I suppose most would call it momentum trading.

This is a good strategy and used by many for short term trades. The main aspect is waiting for it to happen. Its the waiting for the right setup that just causes lots of emotional issues for a lot of traders. Just keep working on it and refine it for yourself. Over the years thats all you need.

So what if it's used by many? It's still bullsh*t. Post 29 is good. Post 30 is ignorance at best, intended deceit at worst. Either way...bullsh*t.

i'm a forex day trader (my econ lecturer labeled us "detestable market demons" which i'm pretty sure he stole from a book)

can't bring myself to hold a position overnight as it might blow my $1000 account, my mpositions are on for like 20 mins to an hour

bear in mind this is all on paper at the moment

This is a good strategy and used by many for short term trades. The main aspect is waiting for it to happen. Its the waiting for the right setup that just causes lots of emotional issues for a lot of traders. Just keep working on it and refine it for yourself. Over the years thats all you need.

So what if it's used by many? It's still bullsh*t. Post 29 is good. Post 30 is ignorance at best, intended deceit at worst. Either way...bullsh*t.

Oh man, my bad, haha. I think I misunderstood your post. Now that I read it again it sounds like you were commenting on my style and not saying Fapturbo is good. If so, apologies good sir!

And yes, you're correct about waiting for the right setup. Gotta wait for the right moment and then you have to make your play quick. In and out and done.

Oh man, my bad, haha. I think I misunderstood your post. Now that I read it again it sounds like you were commenting on my style and not saying Fapturbo is good. If so, apologies good sir!

And yes, you're correct about waiting for the right setup. Gotta wait for the right moment and then you have to make your play quick. In and out and done.

No problem at all. Absolutely waiting for the right situation is the key.