What's your experience been with IGIndex Advanced Charts?

PAOnly

I'm new to T2W so if this question has been asked before ....sorry.

Looking to hear about your experiences with IG Index Advanced Chaert platform. This a charting platform from ITFinance that integrates with their PureDeal platform.

Anyone care to offer their experiences in terms of Pros & Cons?

I've been using the platform as a newbie but have experienced a few issues and I'm trying to work out whether it's me or my platform....or is it a bit more widespread than that?

Any feedback appreiciate

JR

Just logged in and saw this thread.... and as I've literally just seen an answer to a smilar question on another forum, I'll paste the bottom bit of the answer here which gives the writers conclusion:

"All in all it probably is worth paying the extra spreads and trading with IG (CFD a/c). Virtually everything they offer is better than anyone else, but I have had problems with their SB platform and closed it down in protest, and their basic charts are poor, as are most SB firms nowadays.

If it wasn't for IG advanced charts I'd probably give up trading because I don't trade large enough to pay for a decent chart subscription. IG Advanced charts cost £1000's if you go direct to Pro-Realtime.
"

I'm new to T2W so if this question has been asked before ....sorry.

Looking to hear about your experiences with IG Index Advanced Chaert platform. This a charting platform from ITFinance that integrates with their PureDeal platform.

Anyone care to offer their experiences in terms of Pros & Cons?

I've been using the platform as a newbie but have experienced a few issues and I'm trying to work out whether it's me or my platform....or is it a bit more widespread than that?

Any feedback appreiciate

JR

I used to use IGIndex's advanced charts but from what I can remember you have to pay. Try prorealtime for a free end of day service that's excellent. I personally wouldn't use any of the brokers charts for daytrading (if that's what you're after) as there is a significant lag between price updates and chart updates.

I used to use IGIndex's advanced charts but from what I can remember you have to pay. Try prorealtime for a free end of day service that's excellent. I personally wouldn't use any of the brokers charts for daytrading (if that's what you're after) as there is a significant lag between price updates and chart updates.

You can also get free forex real-time with code "adminlevel" (type it in the search box)

I used to use IGIndex's advanced charts but from what I can remember you have to pay. .

But isn't the money paid for advanced charts refunded at the end of each month - provided a client takes more than a handful of positions with them during that month?

Hi,

I've used PRT/IG charts for many years because they have all the basic indicators I may need from time to time and also the programming language is very simple so I can build my own indicators. I have never experienced any significant lag with regard to the price display and the granularity is decent.
On the flipside, I don't trade directly from the charts because it's caused the Java application to freeze in the past (regardless of hardware, OS and browser). Also, the backtesting application is not very suitable for intraday trading.

But overall due to the many studies available (market profile included which I sometimes use) and the fact that it is very easy to program custom-made indicators I find it very good as a standalone charting software to use with manual trade execution.

Hope that helps.

:)