What is Your New Years Trading Resolution?

trendie

Legendary member
6,435 1,077
Keep doing what I'm doing.
Don't get cocky.
Do more HIIT exercising. I really like the outcomes.
All my numbers tell me I have an edge. (for the moment)
Spend more time reading / learning. Maybe take formal certifications.
Re-take my scuba certifications and go abroad for more enjoyable dives.
Explore this Wim Hof thing (deep breathing exercising)
Expand property portfolio, now that I am 53, and potentially need a pension pay-off in a decade or so.
Have fun.

PS: really take time to read thread titles before posting streams of consciousness.

mrpbennett

6 0
Not all about trading but there are some good financial ones here:

https://www.ft.com/content/25de40c2-0ced-11e9-acdc-4d9976f1533b#myft:saved-articles:page

The ones I have taken are:

• To treat regular savings and investments as fixed expense that are deducted as soon as I get paid each month. And increase that amount by a good proportion of any rise in income to avoid lifestyle creep
  • Review your financial plan. Where do you need to be on January 1 2020? And think about fees — do you know how much your investments cost? This will be more important than ever, given current volatility.
  • I’m going to use a simple online retirement calculator to work out how much my pension will be worth in 30 years if I keep contributing at my current rate. If it’s not enough, I’ll try to save more
  • I plan to start regular investing via one of the DIY investment platforms and can do so from just £25 a month. Markets are looking choppy but I’m looking to the long term and taking the plunge.
  • Goal to have two roughly equal pots of shares, and actively managed funds.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock