Article What Style of Trader Am I?

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,420 43
Through my years of trading, one thing I have found is that one strategy does not fit all. We all have different risk tolerances and monetary goals. One of my goals in each E-mini Futures class I teach is to show the students a strategy and have them take it home and use it as a foundational starting point for defining their own strategy. My style is to follow the trend and enter on pullbacks. You could call this style Intraday Swing trading. This works for me because it fits my personality, patience and discipline. I understand that trading is a business dealing in probabilities and that it takes a series of trades to make a trader, not just one or two trades. However, with that said, not everybody trades like me. Of course, that is a good thing because if we all traded alike then who would take the other side of our trades? So let’s discuss some of the different trading styles and see which one fits you.
Basically, there are four styles of trading:

Scalping Day Trading Swing...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it a very good article. As someone who has recently moved from Swing Trading to Day Trading (in preparation for my imminent redundancy!) it validated many of my beliefs on the differences and merits of the two approaches. My only suggestion for the article would be if he could have expanded more on why he strongly recommends the Swing trading style over the others.

I thought it a very good article. As someone who has recently moved from Swing Trading to Day Trading (in preparation for my imminent redundancy!) it validated many of my beliefs on the differences and merits of the two approaches. My only suggestion for the article would be if he could have expanded more on why he strongly recommends the Swing trading style over the others.

Fl3tch3rb0y

23 3
I also thinks this is a good article....I am a swing trader but having said that I successfully use swing trading methods to enter and exit share purchases . It works well for me because the days of buy and hold are long gone. Typical investment time frames for me tend to have recently been about twelve months. I get to pick up the dividend too. These days with all the volatility it suits me to be able to choose or target when I'm either in the market or in cash.