What makes little to no sense to you?

Rambo35

There are plenty of economic developments, market manipulations and market reactions to those. Sometimes they make sense and other times they are complete non-sense.

Which even/reaction made little to no sense to you?

I personally find the notion to hope for mediocre economic data just to keep the Fed’s QE alive as one of the most idiotic approaches to trading (regardless which asset you trade). The Fed should not be involved at all and I favor strong economic data (or weak data, depending on which side of the trade I am), but in any case I wish for the Fed as well as other central bank to get out and leave the free markets alone.

Good data should be taken as good and bad data should be taken as bad, but of course that only works in a perfect world and does not exist.

I trade with reality, not what I think makes sense. That said, in my 20+ years of investing I can't recall a time when the Fed's actions were NOT an influence on the market.

Which even/reaction made little to no sense to you?

I personally find the notion to hope for mediocre economic data just to keep the Fed’s QE alive as one of the most idiotic approaches to trading (regardless which asset you trade). The Fed should not be involved at all and I favor strong economic data (or weak data, depending on which side of the trade I am), but in any case I wish for the Fed as well as other central bank to get out and leave the free markets alone.

Good data should be taken as good and bad data should be taken as bad, but of course that only works in a perfect world and does not exist.

Sent from mobile phone

I trade with reality, not what I think makes sense. That said, in my 20+ years of investing I can't recall a time when the Fed's actions were NOT an influence on the market.

True, the Fed has always had some impact after their rate decisions primarily. I just think now with QE they have much more influence.