what is wrong with traderdaily website and Trader Monthly magazine?

jeffreyc01

i just cant open their website and cant receive their newsletter,what happened to them?
http://www.traderdaily.com/
Trader Daily § The Online Home of Trader Monthly Magazine
Copyright © 2008 Doubledown Media, LLC. All rights reserved.
Trader Monthly, 240 West 35th Street, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10001

Last edited:
Trader Monthly is a USA magazine covering Money and Investing Business. Established in 2004, Trader Monthly magazine ceased publication in January 2009 when publisher Doubledown Media ran out of money. It was a strategy and lifestyle magazine for professional traders and hedge fund managers. Randall Lane was the editor when the magazine folded.

On February 2, 2009, publishing company Doubledown Media ran out of money and shut down operations.

Doubledown president Randall Lane wrote in an e-mail to staffers: "The combination of the media depression, the Wall Street implosion and the credit slowdown were collectively too much for our company — probably any company in our shoes — to overcome."

Based in New York City, Doubledown Media published Trader Monthly, Dealmaker, Private Air, Corporate Leader and the Cigar Report. The company had already laid off more than a third of its staff and reduced salaries for those who remained, and was trying to find a buyer.

Late last year, chairman Jim Dunning, Doubledown’s primary investor, gave Doubledown a $300,000 short-term loan to cover operating expenses, on top of $3.575 million he invested in the second half of 2008. According to a source, Dunning’s total investment in the company is approximately $8 million.

Doubledown Media Shuts Down - M and A and Finance @ FolioMag.com

Damn, i used to like that magazine, looking at all the £250k watches etc

Parties weren't bad either

Damn, i used to like that magazine, looking at all the £250k watches etc

Parties weren't bad either

i bet you were on the free subscription... :p

no wonder they lost money hand over fist - i know at least three people who were...

I certainly wouldn't have paid £6 for that magazine!

They used to send a copy to about 100 people in our office, none of us ever signed up for it, they just got our names and sent it

Yeah WTF is that Squaremile all about? Everyone in our office got one yesterday and nobody subscribed to it? Times must be tuff when you start spamming whole offices to beef up circulation numbers.

it's the big issue equivalent for the traders leaving their desks to speculate on the rolling j.o.b. IDX