Article What is Expectancy?

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,454 54
When traders talk about the ‘Positive Expectancy’ of a strategy or system, what is it that they mean?
I have been watching as a several people on a forum discuss, argue and lend their ideas about entry techniques. They are going crazy over what the proper entry should be and why one chart pattern is better than the other. One person has even said how they purchased massive amounts of software to help them enter the market. Now don?t get me wrong, I always use techniques to get me in the market but I understand that this is the least important factor weighing on an investor?s overall success. I use technical analysis every day and I study patterns that allow me to enter with the ideal buy point (what I believe to be the ideal entry) but I know that strong up-trending stocks give me just as good a chance to make money as stocks breaking out of a cup with handle pattern. I am one that makes my living buying stocks making new highs so I can basically prove that the random entry...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator: