What I have learned from trading: Year one

iota

Jul 19, 2010
I am not sure from your post - do you feel you are a success? and did you start with fortune? what was the initial size of your account from what you grew what you are calling a success now?
The current one started at £250, went up to almost £1.5k on the USD/JPY elevator ride a few months back and came crashing back to just under £100 on the same ride.
At that point I stopped looking for quick fixes and started taking positions/swing trading/whatever you'd like to call it.
Currently it's just under £400. Like I said I'm eeking (and from the figures you can see I really do mean eeking) out a profit, but it is a profit and I succeed much more often than I fail now.

As far as I'm concerned I'm getting there and gaining the knowledge and skill and making regular profit however small is the important part.

maxima

Apr 7, 2008
so roughly you need to grow your account 100 times to be able to live out of the profit....

tought isnt it?

iota

Jul 19, 2010
I'm figuring if I can take it to 10x the initial without dropping under the initial again, I'll look at putting real money in to an account. Until then I'm just in training and/or wasting my time.

And yeah, it is tough. And long, don't forget long.