What do you on the weekends when you are not trading?

Is that shot taken looking down towards the northern end of the beach, where the tennis courts are on the promenade ?

(I was just looking on google earth )

I finally found a better service.

oR4oMcy.png

Is that shot taken looking down towards the northern end of the beach, where the tennis courts are on the promenade ?

(I was just looking on google earth )

You have me turned around. Laguna beach is south of Newport Beach. This is right above Emerald Bay. It is at the south part of Emerald Bay. The tennis courts are actually on the sound end.

I believe I was somewhere near the red dot.
SEdTzjI.jpg

it really does look to be a lovely area, Whilst we have been battling floods and now 3 inches of snow lying outside, honestly im not jealous...:LOL:

it really does look to be a lovely area, Whilst we have been battling floods and now 3 inches of snow lying outside, honestly im not jealous...:LOL:

That is ironic. Isn't life grand. We have been in a bit of a drought. Some people here are going to the mountains or flying to Park city, UT to find snow. :LOL:

Do you have any pictures of your area? Snowy pictures sound nice right now.

Gated communities are a very ancient and widely international practice whereby entry into a town was via defined guarded gates only, which were restricted to undesirable types of the tinme/location and which were barred to all traffic after sunset anyway. The US isn't moving forwards here into unexplored pioneer territory, they're moving backwards. I don't wish to judge whether that's for better or worse.

I can see the reasons why say in Africa communities should try and defend themselves from marauding terrorist groups by having defences but America ?

The authorities in the West take a very lax view of dangerous groups instead of rounding them up and giving them a good scrub up and shave etc. taking away their weapons would be a good start too.

Some generic pics of the area i live, ( not my own ) Lake district near the england /scotish border...

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 211
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 191
  • pic4.jpeg
    pic4.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 180
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
I can see the reasons why say in Africa communities should try and defend themselves from marauding terrorist groups by having defences but America ?

The authorities in the West take a very lax view of dangerous groups instead of rounding them up and giving them a good scrub up and shave etc. taking away their weapons would be a good start too.

Do people want to talk about what they do on the weekend or do they want to argue about gated communities? Maybe arguing is what they do on the weekends. :LOL:

Do people want to talk about what they do on the weekend or do they want to argue about gated communities? Maybe arguing is what they do on the weekends. :LOL:

I argue on the weekend, isn't that what weekends are for ? Markets are closed, not much else to do. Wont be going out as there is 3 inches of snow on the ground.

I can't get my head around gated communities, although I expect this lot would love the idea ! :LOL::LOL:

I argue on the weekend, isn't that what weekends are for ? Markets are closed, not much else to do. Wont be going out as there is 3 inches of snow on the ground.

I can't get my head around gated communities, although I expect this lot would love the idea ! :LOL::LOL:

The great thing is that we would never be neighbors even if you live here because you don't like gated communities. If you are implying that the UK doesn't have any gated communities, then it really does not matter if you can get your head around them.

That's a shame for you. I love them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrhjhAhw_bk

The beach was gorgeous. I went to Fashion Island for some shopping and a bite to eat nearby. A picture on my walk there.
fAbG6m8.png

@Mike
The pictures seem very unpopulated. What is there to do there?

The pictures seem very unpopulated. What is there to do there?

Spend most of ones time on trading forums..:LOL:

it is very un-populated as you say, I have to travel 15 miles to the nearest supermarket, but on the flip side, it is a peaceful country lifestyle..

next to zero crime, there hasnt been a robbery or murder within 25 miles for possibly 10 years.

Most people know one another in neighboring villages and towns, everybody seems to get along without issue.

Spend most of ones time on trading forums..:LOL:

it is very un-populated as you say, I have to travel 15 miles to the nearest supermarket, but on the flip side, it is a peaceful country lifestyle..

next to zero crime, there hasnt been a robbery or murder within 25 miles for possibly 10 years.

Most people know one another in neighboring villages and towns, everybody seems to get along without issue.

That is probably why CV is so grumpy and sarcastic. It makes me have more sympathy. My great uncle had a ranch down by San Diego. You could not even see to the edge of his property. It was extremely quiet. You would not have to worry about crime. The only danger there was the snakes. I think I would like the English countryside in some areas. California is more arrid. The English countryside is so wet. I would like to go on a fox hunt there some time.

I am sure @Pat494 and others will get a kick out of this. Some of my family could be considered cowboys. They have horses, wear Stetsons and do equestrian activities.

Fashion Island
https://www.burnscowboyshop.com/

There is one useful thing people here and elsewhere could do on weekends and that is organise groups in flood ridden areas. Instead of relaxing in front of their tellys they could be out there and digging out storm drains, ditches etc. Every year the same areas are regularly flooded and they appeal to an overburdened Govt. to do something about it. Well obviously not nearly enough was done. I would like to see a big turnout on a bring-your-own-spade basis.

Less moaning and more doing

Not having one's house flooded should provide an additional incentive.

Last edited: