What do you do in your spare time?

bergy

Hi all,

I have just recently joined this forum and this is my first post. I am a gold trader from Australia and about to make the jump into cold water and trade full time.

The reason why I am writing this post is that I trade on the daily time frame and I could be classified as a position and/or swing trader holding trades for days to weeks. With this strategy I will have a lot of time on my hands.

My question is to those who trade full time, is what do you guys do to fill in the time between trades? I am especially looking for responses from traders with similar trading strategies, however responses from day traders are more than welcome as well.

Kind regards

Depends on your strategy, surely. If you wait for set ups at the end of 4 hour candle formations then you have 4 hour gaps to go shopping, sleep, eat, watch blockbusters, play WoW, masturbate...

if your trading off the daily charts, then you have the whole day to do whatever you like, get a hobby do some volunteer work learn carpentry go sailing whatever rocks your boat mate!!

I'm more of a longer term trader with equities and currencies. However, I like to day trade the indices like the Eurostoxx and FTSE - sometimes the S&P. I found a lot of my longer term strategies also fit the shorter time frames - so I'm not scalping; I'm taking more long-term intra-day positions.

golf, tennis, philandering, money laundering / gun running - up to you

we have all the time in the world

Depends on your strategy, surely. If you wait for set ups at the end of 4 hour candle formations then you have 4 hour gaps to go shopping, sleep, eat, watch blockbusters, play WoW, masturbate...

or get someone to play with you ! (blockbusters i mean) :)

haha... er... I meant blockbuster films not the student tv show. Then again, it IS on during the daytime so I guess you're right. :D

I trade 20 hours per week
then approx 10 hours week i do community work
then i also study Islam approx 10 hours a week, and create awareness of the threat of islam to peace

I lived in US , so i get up early and check stock to trade for 1-2 hour and go work part time in Hospital.

I lived in US , so i get up early and check stock to trade for 1-2 hour and go work part time in Hospital.

Things must be pretty bad in the USA if some people need 2 jobs just to keep afloat. Not much time for anything else ?

Hi,
I personally read a lot, and seem to do so by themes. So there was the American history phase, the TA phase, the great biographies phase, and lately Ive been reading cooking books cause I can actually put that to the test :) Next I think I will focus on languages and start buying study guides and cds for beginners.
But Im a shorter term trader so I cant really expect to have >90mins of free time at once during the day and spend time outdoors, unless Ive hit my daily limit. In the latter case I usually try to quickly figure out what happened and then start drinking so I wont lie and say I do anything philanthropic.
Hope the reading suggestion helps though. At least if you ever blow out your account then you can try to make it back at Who Wants to be a Millionaire
:)

Things must be pretty bad in the USA if some people need 2 jobs just to keep afloat. Not much time for anything else ?

We lost a lot of jobs here, other who have full time are being cut in hours. California is the second highest unemployment in the U.S.A, 10.5% we are higher than the national average. i know we can survive this storm, we did it before.

Road biking, mountain biking off road trails, lifting weights, parties, poker, drinking coffee, video games.

Mountain biking, skiing, kayaking, music, lusting over Kat Von D.......anything you like fella! Its up to you! :)

Jog, road bike, wank, sauna, sit beer garden on a sunny day getting a bit pissed when all the wage slaves are in their offices, museums, shops, aimlessly walk around, cooking then have another wank.

I meditate and do visualisation techniques. Making that inner investment before i make the outer investment