What are the top 5 ECN brokers in your opinion

Very Happy and Surprised with Yadix

Guys, I've been very happy with Yadix overall, execution, stability, connection, no restrictions for scalpers and good withdrawal times (<24hrs)

They are targeted traders that scalp and/or use EAs, providing good facilities for VPS and a scalper account with good conditions... take a look

I've also been looking at other UK based brokers, but ones I find with the conditions and set up I need are simply too much minimum deposits even to try.

Try to use an Australlian broker and you will feel the difference. You can try FXOpen but there are many others and they are actually providing better service to traders.

LMAX exchange, trader’s way, FXOpen, Alpari UK and FXCM. Trader’s Way is one of the newer brokers, but they are giving a better service.

LMAX exchange, trader’s way, FXOpen, Alpari UK and FXCM. Trader’s Way is one of the newer brokers, but they are giving a better service.

Ummm.... they're from Dominica. Have they got regulations and protection to the standard of the UK, Singapore, Dubai, etc?

Am not really sure if they are top 5 but i feel that these ECN brokers are good like fxopen, hotforex, fxoptimax........

My God, this forum is filled with forex affiliates.

There is no such thing as an ECN.

Every time you sell a weak currency, someone has to buy and pay the price for holding it. Only large banks can hold weak currencies for "extended period of times" depending upon the banking customer withdrawal demand (where the license was issued) of the country.

On the other hand these mom and pop russian brokerages like fxcm, alpari etc will not under any circumstance pass on the deposits to a bigger bank. The average spend of acquiring a new fx punter is around $450. Luckily they squeeze out at least $1000 to $5000 from the qualified lead.

So as a fx broker, I spend $50k per month on acquiring 200 customers with $300,000 deposit only to pass it to a bank?? Nope. I will keep the deposits, thank you.

That is why no one ever earns any money.

Any one posting in this thread, your best bet is to become a forex affiliate and promote these brokerages, if you ever want to earn any money.

Everything you read and hear about profits and trading is a lie.

I know, because I am from the same breed.

My superb ECN-style brokers:

1) Pepperstone
2) AxiTrader

Checking out HotForex as well ( Currenex, ECN-style ), so far so good.

PS: all 3 have 5-day NY-close charts, very important for me.

PS2: I honestly would not recommend any broker shouting about bonuses (e.g ETORO! )
I know HotForex has a bonus program, hence no live trades on this one.

Cheers

Remember guys, for your own safety and security, deal with a properly regulated broker. Those based in Cyprus, are regulated (by CYSEC) but regulated with minimal effort and not much protection. Those in Mauritius etc, you get about as much protection as a coat made of tissues whilst standing in the rain. Whereas a broker regulated in the UK (or equivalent countries) (such as LMAX, Capmar, CFH, etc) will give you more protection than anyone else.
Remember it's your hard-earned money, not the brokers.

I have just signed up with Alpari (UK).
Fingers crossed

Sorry to burst your bubble but I am leaving Alpari UK as I can't trade my same strategy anymore. They are definitely not true ECN. The market seems to have moved differently for me since I withdrew £1500. I had about 8 weeks of no losses and now I can't get even one good trade in with them using my very profitable strategy!!! ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!!!

...The market seems to have moved differently for me since I withdrew £1500...

I have also been considering to sign with Alpari UK, so may I ask you 3 questions to help in my decision?:

1) What was the currency pair you were trading?

2) Your strategy was manual or by means of an EA in Metatrader5?

3) In the latter case, what was the timeframe used?

I have also been considering to sign with Alpari UK, so may I ask you 3 questions to help in my decision?:

1) What was the currency pair you were trading?

2) Your strategy was manual or by means of an EA in Metatrader5?

3) In the latter case, what was the timeframe used?

I mainly trade the EURUSD but have traded crosses as well as of the GBPUSD pair

My strategy is manual

I don't always use the same time frame but often it is 4h, 1h, and sometimes shorter 30min

I have now found a decent ECN and am leaving Alpari UK. I don't trust them as my strategy is sound and has been working for weeks now. All has just gone funny when I made my first withdrawal with them. It was so skewed that when I entered a trade, it went one way, when I stopped it and went reverse, it took the opposite direction. This was not at a volatile time of day. You could tell it was a robot I was trading against and not direct link to the ECN.

I am now opening an account with Lucrorfx. They are from NZ and one of my mentors highly recommends him. I do trust my mentor, he has been nothing but extremely good to people.

Cheers!

Dan

I am happy using IC Markets, I tried a few others however none have spreads that are as good and could offer 500:1 leverage.

Agree with you, I have taken support form LMAX exchange and trader’s way, actually they helped me a lot to increase my knowledge and the profit.

I mainly trade the EURUSD but have traded crosses as well as of the GBPUSD pair

My strategy is manual

I don't always use the same time frame but often it is 4h, 1h, and sometimes shorter 30min

I have now found a decent ECN and am leaving Alpari UK. I don't trust them as my strategy is sound and has been working for weeks now. All has just gone funny when I made my first withdrawal with them. It was so skewed that when I entered a trade, it went one way, when I stopped it and went reverse, it took the opposite direction. This was not at a volatile time of day. You could tell it was a robot I was trading against and not direct link to the ECN.

I am now opening an account with Lucrorfx. They are from NZ and one of my mentors highly recommends him. I do trust my mentor, he has been nothing but extremely good to people.

Cheers!

Dan

So you are saying that the markets would move against you when you placed a trade, and this was Alpari's robot?