What are some stocks in obvious swing trading patterns now?

BillSimmons

What are some stocks in obvious swing trading patterns now? Either trending up or down, or in a trading range.

Which graphs do you find yourself using the most? 50-day MA, MACD, ADX, Stoch?

TIA

Everything swings... you just want something that swings far enough in each move to make some money in the middle. Do a search for high Beta stocks.... (1.2 minimum). Let me know if I can explain better... reply or tweet me: @DailyTA_com

Virtually all stocks follow the DJIA in general. The issue is how much do they move when the DJIA moves? ... what is their beta? If you are getting started, work with low beta stocks to develop a trading strategy. It will work just as well (or not) as with stocks that move more, but low beta stocks should cost you less money when you make poor decisions. You want to avoid working with high beta stocks prematurely.

The website below divides a group of (75) stocks into 5 volatility (beta) categories. This will give you some comparative choices.

www.rtitrading.com

Ummm... I'll take the other side of this comment. If you swing trade low beta stocks your exit will more likely be at a loss compared to higher beta. I won't waste time trying to explain here. Try this for yourself: Put an IWM chart next to a DIA chart. Back test the same signals from your preferred swing indicator side by side. I doubt you will find something that allows you to have LESS losses swing trading the DIA than the IWM. Also... don't go searching for 2.0+ beta stocks because those are more likely to run you over when shorting... Check out my swing trade algo at DailyTA.com or @dailyta_com on twitter. I use SPY for most of the posts since that's what people follow, but the IWM is the more profitable of the two in my account...

Virtually all stocks follow the DJIA in general. The issue is how much do they move when the DJIA moves? ... what is their beta? If you are getting started, work with low beta stocks to develop a trading strategy. It will work just as well (or not) as with stocks that move more, but low beta stocks should cost you less money when you make poor decisions. You want to avoid working with high beta stocks prematurely.

The website below divides a group of (75) stocks into 5 volatility (beta) categories. This will give you some comparative choices.

www.rtitrading.com