What about this system?!

volodja123

I would like to have some feeedback on this system I've created.
Maybe backtest it for me or try it on a demo.
I've trade it on a demo for couple of months and it has gone pretty well about 70% accuracy.

You will need:
A 13 ema
A daily candlestick chart

-I've only tried it on stocks and indices.
I don't know if it'll work on forex or any other markets.

Go long:
When the ema is in an uptrend and you see a changeover from a bearish to a bullish candlestick, then buy at the previous day's high and put a stoploss at previous day's low.
Hold the position until the day's close.

Go short:
The reverse of the "Go long"-strategy.

Happy trading!

Intuitively it make sense + so simple that Mrs Blade could understand it.
As such, merits further investigation imo.

Maybe 1-2 trades a week or so..

Then in that case you've only made approx 16 trades to date. This is no where enough to provide any statistical evidence as to whether a 70% hit rate it likely moving forward.

In addition (and more importantly) even if a 70% win rate is consistantly possible it doesn't mean that the system will make money over time.

My advice would be to backtest this over a few years of data, either manually or via some computer testing to see how it performs.

Chorlton

Then in that case you've only made approx 16 trades to date. This is no where enough to provide any statistical evidence as to whether a 70% hit rate it likely moving forward.

In addition (and more importantly) even if a 70% win rate is consistantly possible it doesn't mean that the system will make money over time.

My advice would be to backtest this over a few years of data, either manually or via some computer testing to see how it performs.

Chorlton

Thank you for the advice mr Chorlton!