what about Matlab and MT4 in quantitative investing field?

I mean which one is more useful or used wildly, and why?
Thanks.

Well I'd use Matlab. Because it's software to perform mathematics, capable of handling a lot of data, built in neural net if you're into that etc. MT4 isn't all that quantitative.

Well I'd use Matlab. Because it's software to perform mathematics, capable of handling a lot of data, built in neural net if you're into that etc. MT4 isn't all that quantitative.

I don;t use matlab,but I think MT4 is made just for quantitative investment; maybe matlab is more complicated to use it and alse more conveninent.
yes?

MT4 can be used for trading directly by making EA, then whether matlab can be used to make EA to guide trading directly or not?

I guess you must use matlab very skilled.

Last edited:
Yes exactly. Comparing two different things. MT4 is not for doing mathematics at all, Matlab is. I don't use it for trading. I have used it in the past, for maths reasons unrelated to trading and also for running a neural net on some historical trading data.

If you wanted to actually automate, then you'd probably not want to use either.

Yes exactly. Comparing two different things. MT4 is not for doing mathematics at all, Matlab is. I don't use it for trading. I have used it in the past, for maths reasons unrelated to trading and also for running a neural net on some historical trading data.

If you wanted to actually automate, then you'd probably not want to use either.

I think matlab can't run EA to trade directly, and it needs MT4 and so on to run the model which is designed by matlab.
yes?